xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
srivatsa

One-Stop Shop For Serious Geeks (Alternative Software) on alternative softwares

Just felt that I should share. There're quite a few cool websites I know where I go to get my daily/weekly fix on new freeware/shareware softwares that generally boost your computer's capabilities, functions and so on. Moreover, some of these programs are really useful and I think you guys may find it interesting. For exapmle I myself regularly visit cos I'm into serious modding.The top two I recommend are stuff5.modblog.com and majorgeeks.comReally cool websites, especially the first one. Cheers.

For me, all those sites don't work because I'm on a Mac... =_=.

I actually read the RSS feeds from Versiontracker as they come, so I'm updated on what new programs are added to it. Since Versiontracker has Windows, Mac and Linux sections, it's good for everybody. Once in a while I'll go trawling through Versiontracker, exploring an entire section, but that takes a REALLY long time...

Yea, that first site is kinda cool. One problem though: the blog comment script uses one of those horribly anoying code verification thingies, and it just shows up as a big white block for me. Kinda anoying seeings hows I took the time to do a write-up about the new 7-Zip release.Eh, thanks for the linksQBRADQ