xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wykked_dreamz

Post Requirements just wondering

I noticed that when I signed up it said that package one required 10 post and pckage 2 required 30 post. So i was wondering, after you are hosted whats the time period that you have to remain a hosted member (how long do you have to meet up to the min post requirements). Thanks for all of your help.

If you read around, there's already a lot of information that addresses your question, but..At Asta, posts, per se, do not count for posting. It is the quality of the post (ie length, number of words). For each post, depending on its quality, you will receive Hosting Credits. So if you post 30 one liners, you might only be up to about 20 Hosting Credits, but if you post 3 or 4 long, detailed tutorials or information as such you will get more credits. Once you have reached 10 credits, you can apply for a 50mb hosting package, or you can wait until you have 30 credits and apply for the one with 150mb. Once you are hosted, on the main front page of the forums where your credits are displayed, there credits will be gone but it'll say something like "Number of days for hosting". Next to that will be a number.. and when the number gets down to zero you're no longer posted. Obviously, keep the number up by contributing to the boards.

Sorry, I was looking in the hosting sectrion and I understand how to get the hosting points but I've never been hosted so I wasn't sure how you knew how many more post were "required" for you in a certain length of time. I didn't find anything that explained the limit, but maybe I wasn't looking hard enough. Thanks for clearing that up with me.

its quality rather then quantity that nets you credits. It doesn't go by credit per post but rather it counts the length of your posts, so the longer you post, the more credits you ned ;DTo check your credits, go to the main forum page and look under the shoutbox, its in big red letters hope this helps