xisto Community
insanity10117

Life Without A Computer is it possible?

This is the Digital Age and I cannot live without a computer. There is absolutely nothing to do other then watch TV. On the computer I learned many new things through the internet that I might have not even known of without the computer. I think a computer is absolutely necesarry in this age we are living in.

It must be possible. Although it is painful. I spent 5 years without a computer. Ok, I had absolutely no access to one where I was, but I did survive. I found most of my old e-mail addresses were dead, and I can't get into my old website (it's there, but I can't access the account). *sigh* At least I'm finally back on the net, back into civilization.... :D

The pain and agony. I wouldn't be able to live without my precious. LOL. :D I would most likely crawl up in a ball and cry. I head somewhere that if you don't experience something that you would have no desiure for it. So basically if no one would have created a computer we really wouldn't care.

I CANT LIVE WITH OUT MINE HAHAHA.. tell u that right now.. and the world would be so diff.. with out pcs.. everything would be so MUCH DIFF!!.. how we buys stuff..shop..talk..perform...do tasks.. EVERYTHING

the only tiem im without a computer is when i go on holiday - live on the beach for a few weeks lol - if im not away from home i am on my pc everyday quite literally!I wouldnt want to be without it at all - a PC is nearly everything to me! ( that actually sounds quite sad ) o well :(

Of course we can still survive (live) without computers. The real question is, "Who would WANT to?"Having my computer, and the Internet of course, just makes life infinitely easier. I don't have a car, so I can go shopping without leaving my apartment and trying to hire a cab or find someone to give me a ride. My university sends announcements through my e-mail account, so I'm out of touch with what they're doing if I don't check that e-mail account a couple of times a month. I register for classes online, stay in touch with friends who are at different schools (e-mail, IM), etc. And if I didn't have a computer, I would be writing my stories and such by hand, which would be too frustrating to keep doing for more than a few minutes.But if the computer suddenly went away and I couldn't access any of the hundreds of PCs or Macs on this campus, I would live. It would be horrible and nearly enough to make me suicidal at first, but I would make it.

Life without a computer. It's OK. Computer - like money, is NOT the goal of this life. We still can live without it. But the life is more interesting with computers.

I probably wouldn't be able to live if a had restricted computer access :huh:But think of it this way. If computers were never invented, then you probably wouldn't miss it, right? That might be good, we would spend more time doing something that can't spoil our eyesight or make geeks out of us :)

If I had to live without a computer I would probebly feel like I would be living in the stone ages and feel completly lost then the new ever evlovling world but I mean for most gamers their policy is to change computer every 3 years to keep up with the ever growing demand in gaming community now say an average life span of a person is 80 years right? and say you get a computer at the age of 10 become a gamer at 12 so 80-12=78 78/3 thats 26 computers in your life or 26 upgrades when is too much too much?

Nice maths :huh:I think we can live without them, just watch your mom :)How many hours is she on a computer in one week!! Maybe a couple.So if she can, why we canĀ“t? Because we donĀ“t want to, i donĀ“t want to live without one to :P.

This is a very extensive and compicated topic insanity10117, but I will only say the basics! :) Well, people always say that they cannot live without a computer because then they won't be able to play the latest games or make a website (like us all) but they never think about how society would be without a computer.Without a computer, life within the society and our community would be very difficult indeed. Take databases. All data now adays, ranging from names to dates, is now stored on either a software program such as Microsoft Access, or on a MySQL database if it's for websites. Without computers and the internet we would have to store everything in cabinets and things like that.Also, lots of information on events past, present and future is stored on computers to make a clearer picture. This is because most software programs have advanced functions that can work and solve things out for us without having to use pieces of paper for countless calculations.As well as all these things, most designers and manufacturers use computers to draw or scan things for either backup copies or to make modifications. Without computers to do this, the life of designers and manufacturers would be very hard indeed because they would struggle to make products (I find that I have to use the computer for my D.T.!)So to sum up...we can survive without computers and internet, but it would be very hard indeed! :huh:

True, but:What does anyone mean with "computer". I mean, in very much object in our houses there is a computer (tv, computer, calculators, washingmachines, mobile phones, etc). The main question i think is without the desktop we use every day, but life without it, is strange, because there are other objects that do have a computer inside. So, what is the meaning of "life without a computer"? Is it meant to be all computers (so nothing is there what uses a computer) or just only the dektops?

Life without it for me my eyes could pop out id say:"Computer....Computer...Computer!", I like to play games, code, skin, start sites, development etc and also chat with my friends on forums and MSN.Internet its an important thing pay your telephone bills, order stuff, search for topics, download things hmm I remember when the internet was disabled by my, ISP. I was like I dieing but we will live lol die & live!

On this world there arenĀ“t much things were we can say of: we know it. But in this subject i think we can all say:WE CAN NOT LIVE WITHOUT A COMPUTER WITH INTERNETCONNECTIONSomeone thinking different?