xisto Community
insanity10117

Life Without A Computer is it possible?

i can live maximum 1 week.. it's not easy to just exit using computer after you are addicted, especially if you have a well internet connection; and doing good jobs on it.

Actually I’ve been forced to live without a computer several times since I’m not always at home and I don’t have a laptop… So whenever I travel I don’t have a comp. I cannot say that I miss it when I don’t have access to a computer when I’m not home because I’m usually somewhere having fun! The Real Life kind of way! :) But after that, which is often a much needed break from the daily routine, I just need it! Badly!

My parents tried restricting my access to computers a while ago and I couldn't stand it, but I eventually got used to it. I couldn't survive a total withdrawl from computers, though. I'd die!

World economies, communications, and other stuff I can't think of depend on computers. If they suddenly dissapeared, I couldn't imagine what would happen... (Nor would I want to  :) )

Just my random thoughts on this.....

- AlPal

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My parents also restricted access on my computer. It is really frustrating when I have something urgent I need to do and they won't let me on. This is hard enough for me to survive without going on the computer whenever I want, and there is no way I will be able to survive without the computer.

Well, I had to go for three weeks without my own computer, and it was living hell. I use my computer primarily for pleasure, though I do need it for work on a daily basis. Since I actually needed to use a computer, I had to run to Kinkos and pay by the minute to word process. That my friends is a complete rip-off. Oh well, it's all said and done.

I find it more frustrating having a computer and not the internet than not having a computer at all. Why? Because it's like having a car without any gas. Sure, you can sit in it, pretend like you're going somewhere, but in the end, all you're doing is fooling yourself. I need to be connected, and that's final.

Overall though, it wasn't a horrible experience. Sure, there were times that I wished I had my computer working (I had a laptop stolen and my desktop was waiting for a repair part), but it just gave me more time to read or spend time with my wife.

Pft. Without the internet ... What would I do in my graphic arts class instead of the assignment?! No more tetris? I wouldn't stand for it. Plus, I dont think the world would be anywhere without 'computing machines' :) . We definately rely on them too much.I think I could live on either extreme. Either with the internet all the time, or without the internet all of the time. I couldnt live knowing there is access to the internet and not going on the internet. However, if all computers were to explode in the world, and the internet was lost. I'd definately be able to survive playing with sticks and rocks. I remember when my friends and I would have dirt-clod wars as young lads ... those were the days ...

I don't think the world would be able to live without computers. Our soceity has grown too dependant on computers. My parents took my computer away for a month. For the first week and half, I was pulling my hair out, trying to figure out something to do. I eventually got used to it, and I've cut back on my computer usage drastically. If you consider the fact that almost everything has some sort of computer in it these days, we would easily fall into some kind of depression. Car keys, toasters, alarm clocks, nuclear power plants, even my pen has a computer chip inside it. If all of the computers seased to exisit at one moment, it would be chaos.

I can survive that's if I got cable TV.but then again, TV replays things that youalready watch. If only the world was like beforewhere you can run around holding/wielding a sword lol :)

My parents tried restricting my access to computers a while ago and I couldn't stand it, but I eventually got used to it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My mom tries to limit my AOL account online times, but because my mom and dad use the same account and because my dad can't seem to memorize a simple password, he writes it down so I found it and opened an account just for emergencies such as if I need to do some homework past my restricted hours...

But I have been told that I need to get off the computer a lot! All I know is that I go insane without a computer! Like at school, by lunch time, I am crazy because I need to be on a machine! Good thing I know the IT Director of my school! :) lol

[N]F

My mom tries to limit my AOL account online times, but because my mom and dad use the same account and because my dad can't seem to memorize a simple password, he writes it down so I found it and opened an account just for emergencies such as if I need to do some homework past my restricted hours...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the same way I getted online when we had still a dial-up modem. Now we have ADSL and fortunately my parents didn't put a password on that so now I can be online as long as i want. :) My parents still don't know I have their password so if I want I can also access their accounts on this computer, but I don't need to since I am admin on our computer. :)

The reason I think why so much people can't life without a computer is because a computer is something mystic, it will always have some secrets in it. When a script doesn't work you want to figure out why it doesn't work, you spend many sleepless hours behind it and then, finaly you got the solution. If you play a game you always want to get the next level, and the next, and the next until you reach the last. Then you buy a new game and you start it all over again. It's like drugs man, when you started with it you can't life without it anymore and you always need more. I got my first computer when I was 5, now, 8 years later I'm using it more then ever, just because I get used to it and I can't stop anymore.

hahaha this is a good question... ultimately i dont think there is anyway for humanity to function without a computer... just because of our advancements in technology today..As for me personally, i can go without a computer for a while depending on whats goin on, like vacation or something. Other than that i will slip into coma hahahaha

There are many people who live without computers, but I think that for first world countries its getting more and more difficult to get along without them, schools now require that students submit printed works or even submit them by e-mail or to a forum (I know I've had one class that insisted on that), so in effect every kid during his school years is exposed to computers.As for me, I know that when there are electrical power downs I get really frustrated, because if I can't use my computer and I can't watch TV there isn't much else I can do besides go out and ride my bicycle.In the future I think, I hope, that there will be more advancement in the virtual reality field, I'm probably one of the few people who actually bought a home version of a virtual reality helment, which was really bad by the way.