xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jet

Iconart create .cur .ico and .ani files

Recently, I've been working on overhauling a long time project of mine (well, and a few friends. But its mine because I've done all the work). Of course, I wanted to make it all spiffy and memorable to people with ultra short attention spans who need new stuff every few seconds to hold their memory. The first step would be to make our site stand out in the favourites, have a favicon.ico. The other thing I wanted was a custom cursor. So I went questing for a program that would allow me to do such things, and at the well known HTML site LissaExplains I found IconArt, a program that allows you to draw and save .cur .ico and .ani files. The site also includes a first time how-to-use thing, here, but the program's pretty self explanatory. Hope this discovery will be of use to someone!

Recently, I've been working on overhauling a long time project of mine (well, and a few friends. But its mine because I've done all the work). Of course, I wanted to make it all spiffy and memorable to people with ultra short attention spans who need new stuff every few seconds to hold their memory. The first step would be to make our site stand out in the favourites, have a favicon.ico. The other thing I wanted was a custom cursor. So I went questing for a program that would allow me to do such things, and at the well known HTML site LissaExplains I found IconArt, a program that allows you to draw and save .cur .ico and .ani files. The site also includes a first time how-to-use thing, here, but the program's pretty self explanatory. Hope this discovery will be of use to someone!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your first link to IconArt returns a forbidden as well as a 404 error code, it might be not allowing a hotlink, so you might just want to send them to the main page instead. I did go to the site and have the file already and will be playing with it after tonight...it is time to go to sleep.

help me, i need help for create .ico files

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you tried the links in the original post for the IconArt actually you need to use the second link to get to the site.