xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
VJgamer1405241488

Google Toolbar With Spell Check Try the Toolbar 3 beta

I have been using the Google Toolbar for the longest time now, and I recently discovered that they released a beta of version 3! I looked at the new features available, and the one that caught my attention. The new toolbar has a web form spell checker. After installing the free toolbar (which has a popup blocker and of course you can perform a Google search right from the toolbar) you will see a button with an icon that is a green check mark with the letters ABC going across it that has the word Check next to it. After clicking this button it turns the text color of all the misspelled words red, and then all you do is click on these words and a context menu opens with spelling suggestions. (similar to Microsoft Word) It is very easy to use and is very fast. You can use it in any text box on the net, including the post entry box here on Xisto.com.

You can find this new toolbar here: https://www.google.com/intl/de/toolbar/ie/index.html

Then just click on the link: Try the Toolbar 3 beta

I have been using the Google toolbar for some time also but for some reason the toolbar only works with IE for windows... but that's another topic all together... The only question I have about the new spell check feature is how reliable is it? :P But we should not be too picky with this new feature because it is still a beta version. :P

I have been using the spell check feature thoroughly for a good week now, and it works as very well. Almost up to par with Microsoft Word. (Microsoft Word also checks grammar.) I don't know why Google even releases beta versions. It seems like they always work??? For Example, their Gmail service is in beta, but as for as I can see i works flawlessly!While using it, I have yet to run into a malfunction. If it was just a big heap of junk, then I most likely would not of posted about it.

I have been using the spell check feature thoroughly for a good week now, and it works as very well. Almost up to par with Microsoft Word. (Microsoft Word also checks grammar.)  I don't know why Google even releases beta versions. It seems like they always work??? For Example, their Gmail service is in beta, but as for as I can see i works flawlessly!

While using it, I have yet to run into a malfunction. If it was just a big heap of junk, then I most likely would not of posted about it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good to know...

Good point about the beta version of their products. But they probably do "betas" just to cover themselves in case of random bugs. Because people are less likely to get made with a product when it is a beta. Either that or they are testing it out to see if people actually like the new features or not and then make changes based on feedback before they make it a non-beta. But I do not know I am just guessing... :P

Hmmm... I hope they try to make a version of google toolbar that's compatible with Firefox soon... A lot of people use Firefox and are using the unofficial toolbar released by the googlebar group at mozdev (not Google). The unofficial one actually looks pretty nice with many functions, but the Google released version should be better.