xisto Community
finaldesign1405241487

How To Punish A Client? when he steal your work...

Honestly, your best course of action is to file a copyright lawsuit against the client. I'm not familiar with Croatia's legal system, but most European countries follow INTERPOL's copyright laws. Since you created the website, you should hold the copyright. Therefore, he's violating your copyright until he pays (buys) the copyright from you.Live and learn.

Honestly, your best course of action is to file a copyright lawsuit against the client.  I'm not familiar with Croatia's legal system, but most European countries follow INTERPOL's copyright laws.  Since you created the website, you should hold the copyright.  Therefore, he's violating your copyright until he pays (buys) the copyright from you.

Live and learn.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well, yeah, but the problem is, here in Croatia, Courts are really slow at this, and the lawsuit could take years to solve... and main problem is also that we did not signed any contract about webdesign, so it's my word against client... So, really I learned my lession, and probably I'll never do any bussines without contract. :P

Another interesting idea would be to find someone that would be willing to "recover" your property for your or if unable to do so at least make it unusable by your ill tempered client. You doing the recovery or deletion of the work you did at this point wouldn't be a good move on your part. I would suggest that you contact him/her and inform them that you have decided to take legal action and that you will be informing their ISP of the current situation between the two of you. At this point just thank them for the time they spent meeting with you and walkout. At that point I have actually had payment made for network design and rollout when they tried to stiff me. If they don't talk to a lawyer while your acquaintance deals with the site.But you didn't get this idea from me :P

By the way, did you know there is a kelogger that deletes itself from the system after a set period of time? I have used this before on my friends as a joke... but I didn't enter their e-mail accounts or anything. But it was funny enough to see their reactions, like, "What? How in the world did you get my password?" or "Dude, you hacked me!!"If you are still interested in sending in a keylogger, then here: Perfect Keylogger. It's an European keylogger in an European language so you'll have to change the language during setup.Search Google for "perfect keylogger".The keylogger attaches itself to a file (like a screensaver, a photo) with specified information, such as e-mail address, time intervals of when to send the keylog, photos to send, take photos when some site or word shows up, how long until the keylogger deletes itself, etc. It's a decent one, I think.

Hi!

I've recently designed some web for one client, and after 6 months he refuses to pay me my money, and when I uploaded my work to his servers just to see how it works, he changed all access passwords and now he claims that my work is not good enough, and that Im too slow at that...

So how to communicate with clients like that? should I just bruteforce into his web and delete everything? what would you do in that kind of situation... ?  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

People do that, the only way to help stop it is if it is copy right.

I would kill him and burn him to death..... thats not needed you did the work and you should get payed for it. As a fellow webmaster i understand its hard to get what you deserve, but dont let him get you down. FIGHT FOR WHATS YOURS AND WHAT YOU DESERVE. You dont deserver this, you did the work you should get payed for it.

I think that anything you do that *could* lead to you looking bad later (keylogging for example) should be considered very carefully before you actually take any action. It could get you into trouble, as other people have already stated. But it also makes you look bad ... while it might not matter what this particular non-paying customer thinks ... you still have a professional reputation. So ... if I were you, I would look into legal action. Yes, he has copies of the files in his system, but computers keep records of last modified, date created, etc. You might have something going there. If nothing else, you might be able to find proof that you actually sent the guy these files. Also: did he tell you in person that he wasn't going to cough up the money, or did he send you an e-mail? If the latter, I would definitely hang on to it.Anyway ... think of how you'll look to other clients present and future if you start keylogging or forcing attacks on this guy's system. You never really know who is in touch with whom ... or how quickly word-of-mouth can spread ... until it's already come to bite you in the back cheeks.

Sarah81: You are right about that. But Im not gonna take any legal measures about this issue. I decided to let it go... Using a keylogger or some spyware software, or hijacking his hosting server just can get me into trouble... My first mistake was to work without contract, and applying a legal action is too expencive for me - there is a low chance of winning the case, there is very little evidence, and all communication was in person - without paper and emails... .. So i'll continue my work, and forget this loss. ;)