xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darkool

AMD Vs Intel

In your Opinion witch one is best ?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just for the comparison, my (now at the repairs) Intel P4 3.00 Ghz runs about 50 degrees idle while having 60+ at stress situations. I do kinda regret that I got myself a P4 though.

I was pretty inexperianced when i purchased my pc - i haev an intel board which yea its ok and i dont really need anything better for wot i doBut if i were to choose again i would have done with AMD - they r better for gaming and i think they run at a lot lower temperatures increasing stability.

I'm into active software developmet and as mentioned earlier - I find Intel platforms way better than AMD for handling coding intensive taks. AMD might be better for gaming - but one huge problem with AMD, that I've personally experienced is overheating and freezing very frequently. I tried 3-4 AMD processors with vastly different clock-speed and faced the same problem with varying degree in all of them... that was enough to refrain me from venturing back the AMD path... with Intel at least, I never had to worry about that problem - even in the least. Intel 3Ghz proc handles any amount of coding tools I care to throw upon it.. without the slightest hiccup !!! And that speaks volumes for it - infact, I'm so impressed with it's performance, that I've switched to a complete Intel set - both CPU and motherboard - and am thoroughly enjoying what I'm getting for the marginal difference (more) I had to pay for it.. Regards,m^e

Correct me if i'm wrong but don't AMD's burn up pretty easy? Awhile back I heard they are fast but they burn up easy. I never used one so I can't really say but if it true about them burning up I would pick Intel. I have used intel all my life and it has never let me down. I am a programmer and a gammer. Works all around.

Intel is the brand everyone knows... Amd is the brand that wants to get up there with Intel ! Even tough both corporations have a yearly income the size of the Romanian defense, health-care and school budgets toghether... Intel has the upperhand concerning the financial power !And the fact that a lot of people knows only about intel determines the fact that Intel proccesors cost a lot more that Amd processors !Concerning theyr fiability... in only one case Amd ones "burned up"... at the Thunderbird series... but that problem was solved a long time ago !If we look at the performances obtained in different tests, we can see they they are neck in neck at all levels : entry level, mainstrean and at the "run Forrest run level" ! BUT... if we look at the prices... i wonder : why should i spend more on a Intel ? Just because it's made by a firm with a huge tradition ? I think NOT !

Well the core i7's can hold their own vs the newer opterons, and thats not even starting on the xeons. 

but the intel processors, except for maybe p4, are "dirtier" I.E. More power consuming, more expensive,etc. 

I use AMD