xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darkool

AMD Vs Intel

In your Opinion witch one is best ?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

HeyAMD RULLEZZ :) 64bit RULLEZZOnly to bad about the driver issues els it would be 35% faster als 32 bit :)Greetz Luc

Intel is horrible HORRIBLE there is nothing good about intel, their m/b's suck and their CPU's suck. Just stick with AMD Expecially the AMD 64 thoes are the best CPU's out there Find an Intel thats better, and don't say Intel pentium 4 because they stand no chance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are an idiot! I dont know what dark hole you crawled out of but AMD stands NO CHANCE against intel! The 3.4 extreme edition crushes any AMD, even the Athalon 64 FX-55. Intel's support PCI-E and DDR2, does AMD support these NO. AMD's clock speed is no where even close to Intel's, even at overclocked speeds. I mean which would you rather have 2.91GHz processor speed or the 3.83GHz powerhouse Intel offers (both of them I overclocked, but not to breaking point), i choose the Intel. Now SLI has come out, how can you even think AMD is better, is it just because you read it on some website, do you even have evidence of your strong belief that AMD is better than Intel? You can't just go around talking about things you dont know about. Read PC MODDER's issue that compares the two, guess who won this year and last year... GASP...!!!

Just easy, take down your tone... Killer also used hard words, but he made it in point of Intel Processors not someone else like you did...we are there to dicuss which one is better - not yeall at others... please calm down and if you can please post some links to test you mention... if they are paper-printed-only so find others and we would compare, ok? Please present your proofs and we would take it as you say.

Neither Intel or AMD chips are bad, each chip has its own uses.

AMD chips are mainly designed for home/gaming uses. They are the biggest bang for the buck, and do well for most uses. Amd has started to make a dent in Intels profit margin (and are starting to be widely used in home computers), and got the head start on the 64 bit chips.

Intel on the other hand are much more expensive (2-3x more). Number crunching, multitasking, better construction are Intels advantages. Used in most servers/workhorses standard they have always been built for heavy use. The chips are built with sensors throughout the processors which react to anything which could damage it.

I have always been an AMD fanboy and all of my machines at home have their chips. Though at work, the machine I built has an Intel in it. Each chip has their own uses boys and girls...

Harware specs of the cpus:

AMD:
http://www.tomshardware.com/t/cpus/

Intel:
http://www.tomshardware.com/t/cpus/

running an p4 3.0 here and have never had any problems with it.. although i would probably being saying the same thing if i was running a amd...but i have heard of quite a few ppl who have had theirs burnout...this country being slightly on the warm side.. so i voted intel... but it really doesnt make much difference to me..

Just easy, take down your tone... Killer also used hard words, but he made it in point of Intel Processors not someone else like you did...

we are there to dicuss which one is better - not yeall at others...

please calm down and if you can please post some links to test you mention... if they are paper-printed-only so find others and we would compare, ok? Please present your proofs and we would take it as you say.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How can you yell on an online forum. There is no possible way unless you are speaking.

Dictionary.com's definition of yell: To cry out loudly, as in pain, fright, surprise, or enthusiasm.

Yes, I could see someone yelling at an oral forum. Meaning a place to openly discuss topics by speaking. I knew you would need help with that one.

Now explain to me how to do that with text.

Or next time choose your words more carefully.

Thank you.

P.S. Before you say you can speak on this forum, look it up.

Why so much arguing? :) JKAMD is best for the latest gaming pcs but intel is the has to be the best for running multiple programs and for office use. The thing that hurt the AMD is the pricing. The problems in this area can normally be resolved at the cost of a price premiumThe AMD is a little more high priced than the pentium 4. As time moves on, advances in technology will bring both of the price down, so the price/performance trade-off will be less of an issue. It’s been a really painful time for RDRAM so far; the introduction of such a high-priced RAM has hurt Intel. :)

I am using my personal computer which is AMD Athlon XP for more than one year. And I have not got any problem so far. I run all of my softwares on it including Oracle also (Somebody has misguided me that Oracle can not be run on AMD when I was going to purchase it). It was Indian Rs. 5000 (Around $ 100 ) cheaper than the same configuration of Pentium 4. So by comparing price and features I would like to say that AMD is definately better than Intel.

The only reason you people think that AMD's are better than Intel's is because you were told that from a thousand people, and the only reason those people believe that AMD's are better is because *BLEEP* so called gaming computers like alienware rip you off by giving you an AMD. Causing people to think WOW if all these 5,000 + dollar computers use AMD than they must be good proccesors. So I will compare the numbers for you and let you decide which one is better! WOW don't even talk about power PC! Intel P4 EE AMD Athlon 64 FX-55clock speed 3.73 GHz 2.6GHzsocket 478 LGA 939 L1 data cache 8K 64KL1 instruction cache 12K 64K L2 data cache 512K 1MBL3 data cahce 2MB N/ASystem bus speed 1,066MHZ 400MHzHyper threading YES NO64 Bit YES YESMaximum memory adressability 64G 1TB# of transistors (millions) 178 105.9I think this is a pretty good comparison. Both CPU's are powerhouses and will both run anything you ask them to without a problem. Both Intel and AMD are the best processor's out their, and with new technologies coming out like dual core processors It's hard to keep up with who is best. I admit that Intel's most powerful processor might cost about 200 more, so AMD might be your choice. If you want to see a full comparison take a look at EXTREME TECH magizine ( the one that shows you how to mod an atari I don't know what month) they even compare some prcessors most people don't know about like power pc and via technologies.

what is wrong with all you people seriously you guys have major issues...

INTEL IS THE BEST ON THE PLANET...!!!!!

jk...haha...intel sux....

amd is the best, they are cheaper and more powerful than intel, intel stands no chance against ANY amd

(did i just repeat what you guys said?)

amd 64bit is the best amd processor out there...but i want to see the 128bit amd run, i think killer008rs brother has a 128bit amd in his laptop but i could be wrong

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In my opinoin AMD is somewhat better than Intel because the specifications of AMD are better than intel.

My vote goes to: INTEL. Why? It's just the intel company exists soo damn long. they have probably technology that will break your *bottom* down when you see it, maybe they even got processors that is beyond 5 or maybe 10 Ghz... But you will say what the hell - that is not possible... Well you may think it's not... but consider this:
What would happen if they release new "pentium", "optium", "tentium" or whatever they call it - processor, and let's say they gave the price for it like 1500$ and all other inter procesors are sold for half-price... Now think what would happen they will sell anything they have, because this would be cheap and good!

But why to do that, when they can release every year one or two new processors and sell them all for the same price... and next year again and again... This way they collect a bunch of more money!. It's all about money any politics... :(

Ok enough about that.. Intel really is a biggest and leading processor microchip company and they can crush competitors but why - then would be no competition and this way - they can steal some ideas and new technologies from cometitors.. another good thing about them. :o

Now there is that AMD. Why they are good enoguh to mention anything about them? well.. they have cheap processors... and they always find a way to make a processor that works pretty good with minimum of effort and investment to it's development from hardware side - they always find some tricks to make processor better working... and that tricks are sometimes cheating... :P but what a hell - we are all just people... :(

Anyway I have AMD... Duron... Why? because I cant buy myself Intel. If you think AMD is junk and you prefer INTEL - go to My Webpage <- snipped -> and help me buy an INTEL processor... :P}

I think Intel were a bit slow on th uptake about clock speeds.AMD realised early that you cant just keep upping the clock speed, you need to re-deisgn the core, make a better processor.Intel have been adding cache and clocks to the same tired P4 for years.In benchmarks, the Athlon64 2.4Ghz performs as well as the P4 3.4Ghz.my Athlon64 3400+ runs at 36 degrre idle, and 45 degree's flat out on stock cooling.ICE cold. just imagine what would happen if i put some powerhouse cooling into it, like the intel overclockers.