xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darkool

AMD Vs Intel

In your Opinion witch one is best ?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Intel is horrible HORRIBLE there is nothing good about intel, their m/b's suck and their CPU's suck. Just stick with AMD Expecially the AMD 64 thoes are the best CPU's out there Find an Intel thats better, and don't say Intel pentium 4 because they stand no chance.

for myself I coose AMD since their POWER/PRICE is a lot better than Itel's... especialy now when you can get Athlon 64... I voted AMD... :P

I would definetly have to say goo with an Intel Pentium 4 that is HyperThreaded. The hyperthreading allows you to multi-task unbeliveably well. I was encoding an hour long video while doing whatever I wanted to do with no problems. I was also designing a level for Battlefield 1942 and I was testing it, and I accidently clicked to test the level twice. This meant I had two instances of Battlefield 1942, at full graphics, and there was no loss of frame rate. I couldn't belive it!This is why I say to get a P4 HT, especially if you want to multi task!

what is wrong with all you people seriously you guys have major issues...INTEL IS THE BEST ON THE PLANET...!!!!!jk...haha...intel sux....amd is the best, they are cheaper and more powerful than intel, intel stands no chance against ANY amd (did i just repeat what you guys said?)amd 64bit is the best amd processor out there...but i want to see the 128bit amd run, i think killer008rs brother has a 128bit amd in his laptop but i could be wrong

hmm... 128 bits?? I was sleeping some time?? :P but what is sure... HT eat dust when you have 64-bit operating system on Athlon64/Opteron and compile your applications yourself...

I have to say that Intel is best for my use.. Because my use is multitasking :PTo the facts.. The AMD's is better on price and has more power to run games. This is proven by benchmarks (mesuring). Anyway the Intel P4 HT won over AMD 64' in every other prossess than gaming. Like encoding, programming and stuff like make a map to Battlefield. But a 64-bits AMD sounds nice :PSo it depends on your use...

my advise is to get the AMD processor the latest one is, AMD athlon 64 the 939 socket i think. if you get this you can still upgrade it and still be up to date on your specifications in the future. it can cost a little bit more but cheaper in the long run as its the best processor out there. well i think.... :(

i've been using amd ever since i built my first computer (on number 3 now) so i recommend amd hardcore. the chips have worked amazingly well. although my current amd xp 2000 has a jpeg rendering error so i get some problems in IE (which i don't use, so i don't have the problem) and on my divx movies, but i'm still gonna stick with them and get at least a 3000 this summer. if money works out better for me i'll buy a new motherboard and a faster chip. but we'll just have to see.

It also depends on what you're going to do with your PC.If you are going to convert music and movies, intel is faster.If you are going to play a lot of games, you better choose amd.In my opinion amd is better because it's cheaper. Read some reviews and only you can make the decision with help of reviews and opinions, but you have to decide.peaceKlaas

Me, personally, I would choose something with a bit more balls than a processor based on the weak x86 architecture....so really, go with IBM. Those PPC-970s are leaps and bounds more powerful than an AMD, AMD64, or a Pentium 4. PPC's 64-bit technology is a lot more matured than that of AMD or Intel. The only unfortunate thing is, more people write programs for x86 platforms, which I feel is a bit weak, too many people tend to take these joke-computers (x86) too seriously.

There will never be a winner in this topic. Intel and AMD are good at certain things. From my recent studies, Intel is more of a multimedia processor. ie: video editing, audio compiling etc... AMD is more of a gaming processor. I'm still debating on what kind of processor I should get for my next computer, but I'll figure it out when I decide what I want to do with it.