xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
musichere

Itunes Problem

Hmm, I recently purchased a bunch of songs from the iTunes Music Store in the United Kingdom, but now whenever I go into the music store or try to log on to authorise my songs, I get the message 'iTunes could not connect to the Music Store. The host cannot be reached. Make sure your network connection is active and try again'.This is frustrating to me becuase I have actually paid for music on their servers and they are not letting me access it becuase of some sort of connection problem which isn't true becuase I'm able to access the internet through other programs...

All this means is the website is down so you can't access it.If you feel you are being robbed find a number for them and give them a call. If the number is out of service then maybe you were.

It's not anything to do with my connection or the iTunes server, I have a feeling that someone down at iTunes is blocking my IP address from accessing their music store for some bizarre reason. I will call them as soon as I can, but does anyone know how I could access iTunes Music Store through a proxy?

does anyone know how I could access iTunes Music Store through a proxy?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

first you should have a good working proxy server, then you have to insert it in your browser's preferences.

For example for Opera it's Tools>Preferences>Network>Proxy Servers

Then you enable them.

I think that for Internet Explorer it should be View>Options>Connection...

Itunes via Proxy?Itunes Problem

Recently we restricted access by blocking port 80.  We then added specific websites that our children are allowed to access.   Upon doing this the I-tunes store is no longer accessible.  

What is the web address that Itunes uses to access the store via port 80?  If I remove the restriction the store works fine.  Please email any responses to my email address.

Thanks

-reply by TheMaker

itunes wii not allow me to import CDsItunes Problem

When I attempt to import music from a cd to my library, itunes stop working.

I have had no problems with importing CD to itunes until yesterday. I have reloaded itunes with the same problem

-question by robinoldtimer