xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jipman

Hackers Challenge 2 Do you have what it takes to beat this ?

LOL, that was probably the problem..HTML and HTTP... there related, both 4 letters long, and start with 'HT'i must have been confusing them.Ohh well.at least i learned some pretty cool packet crafting tecniques

there is really amusing, I just learned sumthing from MC bout the protocol. I also use to miss that piece of info..HTTP and HTML blah blah..now I know my error on my previous failed telnets.. not related to this challenge thoug..

I found something!Security Check ok, please loginPlease enter your ticket here in order to continueYour current IP = ---.---.---.---If you see this after you already sent your ticket, your ticket has been banned, but hey, dont lose your HEADWhat do I do now?

EDIT: Oh, I see now... How do I spoof an IP?

packet crafting !

hping2 is great, you custom build an IP packet, then send it on its merry way.

http://hping.org/

hey my telnet wont connect to jipman.astahost.com 80 im using the telnet that is included in my windows xp system anyone have any ideas or other telnet programs i should try

Probably you did connect to the server, but didn't see anything happen did you? That's supposed to happen I think, that's always the case when you connect a http server with windows telnet, you can just type and send stuff, although I don't recommend using telnet. :lol:

Ok i have looked through these pages and downloaded the User agent switcher but i got no clue on what to enter in the feilds. Can i get a hint or something to search. Ill look over the FAQ on it again

Packet crafting....Normally, when you send information over a network, the perating system generates TCP/IP packets containing your data.The packet contains to and from addresses and ports, it contains flags like SYN / ACK.it contians hardware MAC addresses, and lots of other information.when you use telnet, you send a payload (data in text) which your operating system splits into groups, and inserts into packets./ The packets are created by the operating system Kernel.Using packet crafting software like hping2 (http://hping.org/)a user has full controll over the packet.The user can send anything across the network, even if its complete jibberish.You could put a http request into a ping packet.Lets say computer X is behind a router (NAT) and downloading a file from website Y.you could craft a data packet that computer X will think is part of the download from computer Y. corrupting the download, and possably inserting virii code into a download.(this would be very very diffucult however)you han have loads of fun bomarding your firewalls with strange information, and possably find weaknesses, and improve your securety.it seems the hping wikki is down at the moment, but it shows some cool ideas that would allow a completely un-tracable port scan.it even allows you to communicate through the firewall of a compromised machine, by sniffing packets at the hardware level, before they get to your software firewall.