xisto Community
eyvind

The News/announcemnt/advertisement Scroller/fader A suggestion about that thing.

[i did not find any appropriate forum for this, this was the best I could find, I think you should have a feedback forum at the top with Announcements]

This is about the box with a red border at the top of every page that displays some advertisement and announcement.

Everytime the box fades between two announcements/advertisements, every animation/game freezes until the fading is over. This is very annoying in the arcade, as you probably can imagine.

I am using IE 6, that might be the problem, but that fader should not be a problem. This, I think is a pretty big problem (for the games mostly).

Is it possible to make the fader not interfere with the other content on the page.

(If this has been adressed elsewhere, I apologize, I did not find it.)

At home on my computer, I have no problem with it, but at other places when I'm using a slower computer like at my Dad's house or even at school. I find that it freezes the flash games, and the game does not continue until the ad has completly faded in or out. It also fades very slow on slower computers.I have a P4 HyperThreaded 3 Ghz processor, and whenever it starts to fade, my CPU usage for iexplore.exe (Internet Explorer) rises to anywhere between 44 - 49%. That is a little rediculous. Good News... In IE goto Tools - Internet Options...Under the Security tab click on Custom Level...In the dialog box, find the radio buttons for Active Scripting under the Scripting Heading. Then select the radio button with the caption "Disable".This will prevent the fader from fading in and out, but it dose not disable or hinder flash games/animations, thus preventing it from maxing out your processor every 5 - 10 seconds! Before leaving the site I would suggest renabling this option. Many sites use this in many different ways, so you may only want to use it while playing flash games.

Thank you VJgamer! (Now maybe I can beat some scores on the more movement intensive games, unlike Brainiac, :P )But I shouldn't have to disable this every time I go to Xisto. Really, I think Xisto should change it to not take up so much resources. How about a less interfering news fader (not necessarily a fading one, :P ), like one that scrolls in and out, that would take up much less resources than fading, adn would not contribute to any detrimental effect on the website, it would, at least to me, make Xisto much more attractive. The only thing negatve I have to say about Xisto is that it is a little slow, otherwise Xisto is great.

But I shouldn't have to disable this every time I go to Xisto. Really, I think Xisto should change it to not take up so much resources.

How about a less interfering news fader (not necessarily a fading one, :P ), like one that scrolls in and out, that would take up much less resources than fading, adn would not contribute to any detrimental effect on the website, it would, at least to me, make Xisto much more attractive. The only thing negatve I have to say about Xisto is that it is a little slow, otherwise Xisto is great.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen! I agree. I appreciate how the fading banner is supposed to catch our eye to iinform us, but it does interfere a little. Maybe a much faster fade or having it blink once or twice would be enough and not tax my system.

Thanks for the tip VJgamer! :P