xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dream1405241490

Xbox 360 Logo Confirmed

Thin lines and logo design is a no-no in my world. I dont like it at all. Calling xbox 2 the xbox360 was a lame thing, they could have come up with a better name. Anyway, the only reason they didnt call it xbox2 was because that would make it sound like an older consol than ps3. They will change it, im sure of it. Cause that logo looks like a scratch, an idea thats not finished yet or something like that...

Let's hope that 360 is not a registered trademark, otherwise Microsoft could be in trouble.

The type designation 360 was previously used by IBM for its large mainframe computers.

Until the early 1960's, every computer model was generally designed indepedently, and sometimes individual machines were custom modified for a particular customer. IBM changed this forever, when they announced the IBM-360 family of computers in April 1964.

The IBM-360 family of computers ranged from the model 20 minicomputer (which typically had 24 KB of memory) to the model 91 supercomputer which was built for the North American missile defense system. Despite their differences, all these machines had the same user instruction set; on the smaller machines many of the more complex instructions were done in microcode rather than in hardware. For example, machines in the lower midrange did not have multiplier hardware, but the microcode implemented multiplications by repeated addition. It was rumored that the smallest machines did addition by repeated increments!

The machines had different operating systems. The smallest machines could not really support an operating system and were often used for specialized applications, where a program was loaded from binary punched cards at startup. The middle range used a system called DOS (not related to MS-DOS) and the higher end system was called OS/360. These were the machines that established 32 bits as the standard for computers.

(from the Computer History web-site )

Agh! My eyes! It BURNS. Seriously. That is the lamest half-assed logo I have ever seen. The system is called the XBox. EX-Box. As in not SwirlyBox. Egh. Hopefully the actual system will be better than that logo. =\