xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jedi5400

Belkin Routers

I've had a Belkin Router for about a year now, and it seems to keep messing up. It seems that I have to reset it at least once a day, or the internet goes down. I have cable, and I've checked with the cable company/connected modem directly and it is fine that way. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm running Windows XP, but I don't believe that would be a problem. Any suggestions?

Have you been having the problem since you did the installation?Perhaps you need to talk to a technical person at the cable site about your problem. The reason is that some cable sites set their system to renew ip addresses periodically which changes your ip address. The reason for this is to keep clients from keeping their system on line or hooking up a net work to their service without being billed for it, and run web servers and mail servers.For regular users with a straight connection they will not see the change because their system is set to use dhcp and just get assigned another ip. But those of us who run routers and servers that need a static address get caught.Maybe this is the case maybe not.Try using the router in a regular net work and see if you still have a problem with it.

If this has just started happening and has only been happening for a short amount of time, then the issue could be your ISP. To make sure its not your router reset the router to factory settings and then re-enter your ISP(inetrnet-service provider) details and try again. If not test your mates router and see if it does the same thing.