xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nightfox1405241487

My New Laptop Specs I just have to brag

Today I went laptop shopping fo a laptop that I could use for notes and stuff and one that three years later can follow me into college. I chose the Avaratec C3500 Series Tablet PC.Here are the specs:-Tablet PC (like I said above)-DVD-ROM/CD-RW optical drive-5.5 pounds-Win XP Tablet PC edition 2005 (box says 2002)-512 MB RAM-802.11g Wireless; 10/100 Mbps built-in Eithernet-60 gig hard drive-AMD Athlon XP-M 2200+It has more power than my PC (I don't have much RAM on this machine... I can't seem to run Dreamweaver and AOL at the same time or Photoshop and AOL or everything runs SLOW!) and it is a nice portable computer. It is lacking some features, but it is a cool laptop or Tablet PC.Also, when I pulled it out of the box, it came in this really cool looking protector. Not a laptop case, but it protects it and looks cool. I remember when Tablet PC's first came out and cost over $2,000. This one was, I think, $1,200 with $100 mail in rebate.Main reason why I got this was for an independant study program I am taking next school year and I am hopeing that I will be allowed to use my own laptop insead of one of the school's off brand ones. It would be nice so then I don't have to worry about breaking the school's and I can use mine for college too. For notes, I just open Microsft Journal and jot some stuff down in my own handwritting! I have played around with a demo Tablet once, but it was smaller... I just wish mine was. But it is still a sweet laptop!

my laptop is about 2 years old now. amd 2500+ with an ati radeon 9600 with 64mb dedicated, 512mb ram, 60gig and a dvd rewriter. paid 1400 back then. still does the job fabulously :Pbut those tablet things are cool.spacewast, it's not the same as a handheld. it's as big as a laptop, but you can turn the screen so it seems as you're holding nothing but a screen. and then you can write on them with a special pen, touch screen and stuff like that. nice thingies!