xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iamrockandroll13

Piano constructive criticism please?

wooo vector art, I like it, its got great contrasting elements, I love how you picked the color style for it, very cool. There really isn't any way to improve upon it, maybe give it a 1px border?I'm too talentless for vector art myself so I'm just admiring your ability for it :P

for a second I thought this was done in adobe illustrator. I'd say you have a good start design wise all though I'm not sure about that big empty space in the upper left corner. Also, the keys are a little distracting. Perhaps instead of such a weak shade of gray that blends a little too well with the white, the same shade of red that to piano has maybe more appropriate. Just shooting up some ideas.In anycase, good work.-Noel

looks really good ^_^ i like it a lot. Was it completely drawn from scratch? Cause it looks like such a realistic piano! THe shape of the instrument, i mean. One thing, i think that could be done is to make the back stripes (the white ones) a bit larger and sticking out a bit moreBut, really, good job on it

thank you to everyone who responded. to the person who asked if I drew the piano from scratch, I didn't I used a photo I took of a real piano to get the shape right...I freehanded it the first time and while it was ok, this just turned out better...

I like it very much. The colors go well together and the detail is good. (You can see the black keys) Not exactly sure what those are called, but they're black and smaller than the white keys and that's what I'm calling them. :PDo the white lines mean anything in particular? If not, they still add a very nice touch. Keep up the good work.

Posted Image

what do you think of this, it's my first piece that I've done that I really like a lot.  I made it completely in photoshop...I would appreciate any feedback at all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with the others- it is very well done- I admire your ability! I can't freedraw anything using a mouse!! I like the way the colors match up with one another- you seem to have a great grasp on the color scale (or color wheel, whatever rocks your boat :P ). I like the way the white lines come out- an awesome effect!

I actually disagree with the person who complained about the open space--- it may look awkward from an artist's point of view, but I think it would mess up the graphic if you added anything there. Leave it alone! :P

once again, thank you for the complements and the critiques. As for the mention of my knowledge colr theory, I was actually told by one of my art major friends that those collors shouldn't work..but i think they do, and she's only a freshman haha. As for the empty space...I put it there for a reason...I originally had those white lines extending into that area too but I found that with the empty space, my eyes seemed a little happier...it probably has something to do with the balance of the elements...I'm no genious when it comes to art theory though, I just know what my eyes like i guess!

You have done a great job so far but when I first looked at it I thought it was a work in progress. The piano needs more depth, maybe a darker shade of that red, to show the other finer details of the piano itself. Usually in vectors if you show depth with different colors, the piece becomes much more interesting! Other than that I like the background of the piano, twas a nice touch in my opinion. Also might want to give it a irregular white frame to make it look more abstract like the background. Vectoring in photoshop is not an easy task, that is why I love this piece!

wooo vector art, I like it, its got great contrasting elements, I love how you picked the color style for it, very cool. There really isn't any way to improve upon it, maybe give it a 1px border?

I'm too talentless for vector art myself so I'm just admiring your ability for it  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's nice, but you have no use for that currently.. Maybe to make some flyer from that... you have a plenty of "whitespace", well actually "pinkspace" :D around that piano, maybe to put some text, song lyrics...etc... make it a worth of reading.. good luck!

It's nice, but you have no use for that currently.. Maybe to make some flyer from that... you have a plenty of "whitespace", well actually "pinkspace" :( around that piano, maybe to put some text, song lyrics...etc... make it a worth of reading.. good luck!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually, you're spot on with that call, I actually didn't display the version that was a poster that I made for a friend containing lyrics to the song "Rockin' the Suburbs" by Ben Folds. This is the 'clean' version...