xisto Community
sunny152

How To Transfer Files From One Computer To Another

This is interesting, I've never tried directly moving files from one computer to another. Usually when I'm transfering information I'll use hardware such as a USB stoarage Device or CD, however, I'm guessing transferring directly from computer to computer would be much quicker since the process involves less steps and the speed would be a lot quicker.

Now days with the advent of 1Gigbit switches file transfers have be alot easier and less time consuming. Easy to transfer photos, music, movies, and if you're fixing PC(s), backing up data. I believe you can get a 4/8 port switch for under $50.00 USD online some where. I'm from the states and I went to a 10gigabit planning seminar at an IT vendor conference. It seems 10Gigabit/Cat7 will be coming out sometime soon. The plugs look funky. I kept recommending to the IEEE lady who is on the steering committee that the cable is whack and something simple or cool like USB should be used. :mellow: