xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
thawebman

1st Page 2000

Notice from microscopic^earthling:
See - these are the kind of posts we try to avoid. Take a second look at it yourself - does it strike you as really informative, except for the fact that you like an editor? Simply providing the link doesn't do any good - you leave the readers at a URL's discretion. When you do a writeup about some software, at least try to use 4-5 complete english sentences and include you views about it:
1. WHY YOU LIKE IT
2. WHICH FEATURES ARE SO SPECIAL THAT YOU LIKE IT
3. WHAT ADVANTAGES OVER OTHER SIMILAR SOFTWARE.. etc
Unless you can put in some positive reviews/feedback on the software in discussion, the re's no point in making the post. Be more careful next time.. Such posts are considered borderline cases of SPAM. Credits Adjusted.

i like this html editor
it has several modes to edit in
check out 1st Page 2000
Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

Notice from rudy:
You can quote somebodyĆ¢s post but not duplicate the text in his or her post.
Edited by Rudy

:rolleyes:
sorry, i just had to do it. :) advise: make your posts a little longer than the required 10 alphabetic characters. :) well, i only use it for the

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

not because of the functions. i guess i could also save that tag, and use notepad, but i guess i'm too lazy for that... well, i hope people who need an editor read this and use it. :)

1st Page 2000 is so much better than any other text editor because it has over 1000 pre-written scripts and a couple of projects for you to modify. The pre-written scripts come in a series of catergories for you to choose from. If you want games it has heap of javascript games for you to use. it also has a search engine project that i found very usefull.

It is true that 1st page 2000 is a good html editor. Its interface is very good. It has three modes for work. I don't remember the name of modes but these are for beginner, medium and professional persons I think. Its help is also very good. And yes the in built pre written scripts are very good for beginners.But these is one serious problem in it. I have also faced it and some other users have faced it . The problem is that when you install it a virus will also install with it. I have tested it many times and I have faced the same thing. I am fortunate that my antivirus has blocked the virus. I don't know who is behind this?????? So it is a good tool to use but never install it without using a antivirus on your computer.Has anybody else faced this problem?????

I tried it back awhile...didn't have any virus problems...didn't use the program too long though. It was an alright piece of software and the script library was nice, it just felt like it was trying to be really complex but ended up failing and being quite simple...I can't explain it any better then that. It was a solid piece of software, good editor, nice tabbed view for previoewing changes to a webpage, just seem to lack anything in particular to keep me comming back to it.

Yeah i got the virus when i installed it. It's in one of the pre-written scripts, if you just delete that script from the 1st page folder you should be fine, there are four different modes - begginer, expert, hardcore and adverage of something. the begginer, hardcore and average all have the same interface though, so there seems to be practically no difference in between the lot of them.