xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
saxsux

Mooter.com : New Search Engine! Mooter

I like it, it's very intresting, I will probally use it alot too because it reminds me of Dogpile.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why not just use Dogpile instead?

Also, I read somewhere in Google's TOS that Meta Searching via Google aren't allowed, so isn't Dogpile illeagal?

To tell you the truth, I don't like it. I want to be able to find my searchs in the two MAIN catagories (Web and Images) instead of searching through a cluster of pointless ones. It is a good idea to try new stuff, but I don't like it.

The idea of clusters is pretty smart but sometimes it will not work out. I would stick with Google because it is much faster, easier to use and only has two main categories like Dmaster said. For some reason the interface of Googles pages is also easier on the eye and its simple.Go Google!

I personally am a pretty fan of google.com. But I also have to admit that the cluster search is nice. It makes a nice chance :rolleyes: I will stick with google, but for some searches you don't know the correct keywords, in that case the cluster search may be handy. It's novelty... I will give it a try for a while and see how it goes. But as I said, google is my fave. Mainly because I've been using it for so long. Also Google.com offers a more broad service. But then again mooter is new. We'll see where it goes, but I'll certainly keep an eye on mooter. I think it has potential.

Yeah i think nothing else is going to be able to beat google. Becuase most of the new idea's i see are just pointless or a bit annoying and don't really help you at all, they are just added to try and make you use that engine instead of the trusty google. It was a good idea but i just don't think it will be able to compete, but you never know if it kicks off then more people will turn to it