xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
waltermelow

New Internet Explorer Exploit!

Good old Bill Gates! Trust Internet Explorer to have yet another problem... a day doesn't seem to pass without another flaw being found in IE. There must be an infinite amount of flaws for them to keep being found like this.Switch to Firefox, its much better!

The past day 12, Microsoft published another new bulletin of security: MS05-020.

This time is a remote code execution.

The immediate update is advised, due to being a critical bug.

First exploit already has published it SkyLined

:P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why doesn't this surprize me? lol! ever since I re-installed windows on my crashed system, I have been meaning to install FireFox but never found the time to. THIS has made me write down on a post-it: "INSTALL FIREFOX!" and it is now on my monitor for tomorrow's top prority!

Wow! good thing to!

First of all, I am not an advocate for IE, however you do have to realize since IE is the most popular browser, it is more prone to attacks because more people would be targeting it, thus more exploits would be found because of this.Firefox is only used by 4% of the population at best, thus there is not a large incentive in making an exploit for Firefox because less people are gonna be affected.In conclusion, download firefox stop wining about the exploits on IE, just download the fix and get on with your day :P

firefox has had some security issues to. last one was an exploit that could fetch the content of your ram-memory. all of it. including passwords, documents you recently opened,...so it's not that safe either, but it's better :Pbut indeed, the more people use firefox, the more security issues will apear. it's always more interesting to make an exploit for a product that is used by millions of people than for one that's only used by thousands.however, firefox is getting bigger & bigger, growing to the same popularity of ie now!best thing would be to buy a mac, as they only represent 5% of the world computers, not even worth writing virusses for, hehe.in the same way, their browser is one of the safest around.