xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TeamCollapse

Macromedia Help

Alright, this is my first time posting on here. In my digital designs class, we are making Web Pages. I need as much help/codes as I can. I know enough to make the page itself. But I dont know any codes, and trying to do somethings, for instance, putting in a video so it comes up with the browser, I have not learned how to do yet. So if anyone can help me with that, it would be much appreciated, thanks... -Trevor-

Hi, it´s simple to put in a video in your website. just put in this bit of code and it´s running...<object id="Player" width="272" height="240" classid="clsid:22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95"><param name="filename" value="http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ name="transparentatstart" value="-1"><param name="autostart" value="1"><param name="showcontrols" value="-1"><param name="ShowStatusBar" value="-1"><param name="AutoSize" value="-1"><param name="ShowPositionControls" value="0"><param name="ShowTracker" value="0"></object></p>You have to change the values to change the view etc.hope could help you

Considering the topic name, I'll assume you're using Dreamweaver to code your pages.A really easy effect that adds just enough (if designed correctly of course) is a nice rollover effect on your navagation bar ~ you know, where when you mouse over a nav bar option, it chages color.Here's how to do the trick with images:First get two identical copies of one of your navagation bar items that you want to change color when you mouse over the image. Make sure the only difference between the two is their color. One will be the color of the button when it's moused off, and the other will be the color of the button when moused over.Fire up dreamweaver, and make a new page (or use one that you're already working on :)). Place your first image where you'd like it to be.Now, hit Shift+F3 to open the behaviors window. You should notice a small + icon located in the behaviors window. Click this to open a menu, and select "Swap Image"This will open up a small window. Leave everything in the window alone, except for clicking the "Browse" button. Once browsing, navigate to your image that you will "replace" your first image with when you mouse over it. As long as the text on the button is the same size and in the same position, and the button's themselves are the same size where the only difference between the two is their colors, it will appear as a smooth rollover action.Select your replacement image, and hit OK, then hit OK again.Hit F12 to preview your page in IE, and mouse over your button. If everything turned out correctly, you should now have a smoothly color-changing button every time you mouse over him :rolleyes: