xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ChronicLoser

Transfering Invision Power Board need...help...

I'm want to transfer my IPB data to a new hosting service (cough, cough this one), but I'm having trouble with the database or something. I tried editing the conf_global.php file but it doesn't seem to be helping. I have a feeling that the problem is either in that file or the actual mySQL database because everything else seems to be in order

I'm not entirely sure, but I think that the problem may be these lines:
$INFO['sql_database'] = 'chronic_ivpd1';
$INFO['sql_host'] = 'localhost';
$INFO['sql_pass'] = 'NfUnzIC3hY';

Where can I find the password? It seems like a randomly generated password and i'm pretty certain I didn't input it...so I'm guessing it's already set in the database somewhere. But the thing is, I was able to successfully move this other mySQL database and it didn't seem to have any problems identifying the backup database.

Oh, and here is the error it is giving me: click here. I'm not too good at reading these kind of errors lol. I looked at the lines they gave me and they seem to be okay. I mean, nothing I can change that will make a difference. The forum I'm trying to move is on the bottom of my signature...

Sigh, will someone please either tell me what I'm doing wrong or give me an url of a site that would be able to help me...thanks! ^_^

Try putting in your cPanel password and that may be able to get into the database, when you moved it you broke the access stuff. Also once you get in you could switch to SMF, I could help a lot more with that. And many people in the boards below seem to like it much better than IPB

For example my forums password is "example" (And no that isn't my forum pass) it shows up like this in the Conf_global.php file: "$INFO['sql_pass'] = 'example';" So in this case it's showing that the forum is installed on this pass and this username, If you are having trouble PM me, As i could help you.