xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Adwodon

12th May, Xbox 2 Revealed! Bookmark it

Microsoft plans to show the public its Xbox 2 on MTV on the 12th of march, 4 days before the PS3.Originally both were planned for the 16th but it seems mircrosoft wants to get in there first.Microsoft VP Peter Moore dimissed E3 as a trade only event telling us that he wants the whole public to know!The half an hour special will be hosted by the great Frodo (Elijah Wood) but expect alot of sports / movie / music celebraties to pop up to boast some of the machines capabilities.Microsoft are expected to announce an autumn 2005 shipping date to get ahead of the christmas rush.Sony and Nintendo are still expected to ship in 2006.I personnaly hope for the Xbox 2 to come out sooner rather than later, as my xbox is old (day of release haha) and I could do with a shiney new one :rolleyes:Im also going to pray that as im British and this will obviously be an american event it will be slapped on the internet so I too can view this event and drool!Unfortunatly no official word on Halo 2.5 either, no doubt we will find out on the 12th!

I've also been hearing that the base price is going to be around $300 dollars. That is pretty low considering that the PSP costs $250. But then again they are supposed to come out with different models of the next XBox one with HD capabilities and what-not.

That sounds so sweet. I am in the same boat as you with the old x-box... mine even starts to smell like smoke after its been run for about 20 minutes!

Where have you found this info? :rolleyes:

Any word on any of the newest features that we should expect with the new x-box or are we all waiting anxiously in the dark like little kids?

Microsoft plans to show the public its Xbox 2 on MTV on the 12th of march, 4 days before the PS3.

Originally both were planned for the 16th but it seems mircrosoft wants to get in there first.

Microsoft VP Peter Moore dimissed E3 as a trade only event telling us that he wants the whole public to know!

The half an hour special will be hosted by the great Frodo (Elijah Wood) but expect alot of sports / movie / music celebraties to pop up to boast some of the machines capabilities.

Microsoft are expected to announce an autumn 2005 shipping date to get ahead of the christmas rush.

Sony and Nintendo are still expected to ship in 2006.

I personnaly hope for the Xbox 2 to come out sooner rather than later, as my xbox is old (day of release haha) and I could do with a shiney new one :)

Im also going to pray that as im British and this will obviously be an american event it will be slapped on the internet so I too can view this event and drool!

Unfortunatly no official word on Halo 2.5 either, no doubt we will find out on the 12th!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've also been hearing that the base price is going to be around $300 dollars. That is pretty low considering that the PSP costs $250. But then again they are supposed to come out with different models of the next XBox one with HD capabilities and what-not.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HD capabilities would be murder to game sales wouldnt it? I mean people would just be rippin' and burnin' games left and right...

I think thats what happened with the PS2... i heard that they added that to the PS2 and game sales dropped cuz people were pirating games and stuff... i think thats why sony made that "razor thin" ps2...

I dunno i could be totally wrong..

HD capabilities would be murder to game sales wouldnt it?  I mean people would just be rippin' and burnin' games left and right...

I think thats what happened with the PS2... i heard that they added that to the PS2 and game sales dropped cuz people were pirating games and stuff... i think thats why sony made that "razor thin" ps2...

I dunno i could be totally wrong..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

as far as the xbox revealing, that is gonna be sick i cant wait. i would be willing to pay like $500 for that piece, lol. i hope that they have some really good launch titles with it tho.

and how would HD kill a system? you think that it would make the games better, who doesnt want a clearer picture?

I was reading about the new systems in my gamepro issue and it said the release date for Xbox2(or whatever name you'd like to call it) is in fall 2005. The release date for the ps3 is going to be sometime in 2006. I also read that nintendo is coming out with some new system but I dont remeber the name of it.

Thats cool, i am planning to get an xbox original once the xbox 2 comes out. heh a gen behind i know, but i can get the xbox original for cheaper once xbox 2 comes out. Maybe i can get an xbo 2 a little after release. I'm a nintendo fan right now, and speaking of which nintendos new console is called the revolution. If nintendo gets shoved out of the console market you can expect me to start buying xbox stuff.

Arab, thats kinda obvous isnt it? Its like saying that computers will be better that they are today in ten years. The next generation consoles will ofcource be better than the previous generation. Althought the games might not be better, but thats another story.Ive heard that sonys processor is almost three times as powerfull as xbox's processor. It will be exciting to compare the two. Anyway, has there been any word on Nintento's new console? I havnt heard anything, I hope they dont just drop out of the compitition, that would be sad.Well, welll, we'll just have to wait then.

Geez, I JUST got my XBox, too. Hahah.Any word on it being backwards compatible? And while we are on the subject of new consoles, with the PS3 be able to play PS1 and PS2 games? It had better be able to or I will be all kinds of not happy. I hate spending $200 on a system when I have no games to play on it.