xisto Community
FearfullyMade

How Many Monitors Do You Use?

How many monitors are connected to your computer?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

well... you can have 2 different monitors displaying 2 different "consoles"... you need some thing called a Thin Client. Its some PCI care you attach to your CPU motherboard... then you can have 2 terminals... each with their own monitor keyboard and mouse.. its a nice idea if you can't afford 2 PCs... but i will severely reduce the processing speed.ofcourse if you just have 2 monitors connected to one PC.. they both show the same thing..

can use one for a different function that the otherIt's depend of your wish and graphic card driver. Normally after expanding your desktop you will have screen 2560x1280. It's fantastic for daily use. For example on one screen you can have Word, and another Excell. It's very comfortable.Or you can use special mode for PowerPoint. First screen with presentation and second with your conspect and handout.But if you wish show another person same information which you can see on your screen, also no problem. it's mode when both screens display same informationIf you notebook, you can connect second screen, LCD projector or even TV.With desktop computer you need dual head card.It's all and it's worth use two screens. I have occasion to test 21" LCD screen with 1600 dencity. But I prefer two small 1280x1040 LCD. They are much more comfortable.

I had 2 flat panels but then I sold one for a good price and just have one panel now. 2 monitors are great for everything, I found tons of uses including editing, gaming, chatting, net surfing, etc.My brother had 3 monitors at one point, but the third appeared a bit useless.

I just use one over here. A crappy, bulky 17 or so inch Gateway. I want a couple of flatscreen monitors since I mainly use my computers for graphics programs, but it is just a matter of finding affordable ones that are reliable.

Yamato, I have no clue where you live but as long as your in US you can get 17 inch flat panels for 150$ on special sales at CompUSA or Best Buy. I bought it then realized I didnt need it and returned it. But the catch here was that there was a 100$ rebate that I already mailed it, so it turns out I got 100$ for nothing! :rolleyes:

I picked up an ati all-in-wonder card end of last year and I've been running dual moniters since. Best thing in the world because I do a bit of video editing and stuff as a hobby (hence the a-i-w), three would be a bit ridiculus, but a third output would be good for video editing because it coudl be a tv and allow you to see exactely how your work would look on a tv without having to burn dvds/cds/vhs to check after you've done all your work (this is a HUGE help, btw, the not having to wait till you've completed your work to check how it looks)I buggered up my card somehow when I was doing some internal changes to my computer though, sent it in under warranty, now I feel so squished :P

I use two monitors, and one television. I have my TV hooked up in my room, so I can play visulizations on my TV when I go to sleep. I use my wireless mouse and keyboard to control it. I use my other two monitors in my main computer room. So far, I haven't experienced much lag when I play Half-Life 2, or Battlefield 1942. I'm hoping to get another video card, so I can use four monitors for my web design. Does anybody know if there are any high-end PCI video cards out there?

i use 3 monitors for my PowerMac it is very nice esp when playing need for speed underground. it is like a little town in your room, best of the best graphics and a lot a lot a lot of WOW factor. BTW, i am using a GeForce 9600GX graphics card for mac and my screen res. is 1280 x 1080 for each screen

Wow, a lot more people use two monitors than I thought.I only have one monitor on the computer I use, though it would be nice to have two. Or three. Or four. Or five+. :) The computers I use aren't mine, though and even if I had my own computer, I don't think I'd be able to afford more than one monitor.Lucky!- AlPal

im using one at the moment.. thats all my desk will hold and i dont have a spare one to hook up yet haha.. i have some other expenses to take care of first but as soon as i have a little bit of change saved up im all over a second monitor!!!!!