xisto Community
doom145

The Dell Xps As A Game Station?

Apparently I found out that the dell xps is not a very good gaming station.

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/dimen_xps?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs

This is the beuty that people think you can play games with, well it only has a little better grpahics...all they have done is got the latest of the latest gforce graphics card and put it in there.....whats so amazing about that? I only like the whole damn thing because of the design of the case...anyways the game playing is like the ps2 but when u play nfsu2 it stutters a bit and u dont feel the speed u should do. On games like halo its fine and u think that graphics are good but if u look at racing games..... :angry: I am just saying....plz dont arrest me or anything...lol

Hrmm... sounds like you've got issues other than the hardware, 3.4 ghz P4, 1gb RAM, a Radeon X800.Sheesh, I've got an AMD 2800, 512 mB of ram and a Radeon 9600 and I set the graphics at high quality for almost every game I play.

they must have gotten a chop shop version of the xps because mine works beautifully.btw stop posting in very old topics.

I love dell as computer because its powerful and have a good enterthaiment for playing games but also dell have a negative side,its compicated,one mistake can destroy everything... i havent used dell xps but as i can see the price its a expensive computer...

BUMP donneo :PThis is very old topic.I can't see why dell is complicated?But that one mistake can destroy everything is correct.New computers are very expensive,if they have good graphics card-it is enough,gaming graphics cards are 500 euros for normal gamers,for pro there are to 1000 euros :P

Hi, Right well the Style of the Dell XPS are very nice I know. They also do look high performance, They maybe. But what about the price. I started looking around on the internet for this topic. I found a PC A LOT and I mean A LOT better than the Dell I had chosen.Dell=?549Other=?384It just shows you Dell do know how to design PC's as well as charge. There have also been a lot of reports on the Dell XPS faulty CPU's etc.Please whatever you do, DO NOT get a Dell.