xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ndhill

Soul Calibur III Scheduled For Release This Fall! Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy...

Check out Namco.com as it has a little bit about it. I can't wait for this. I got hooked on SCII and supposedly this version will even let you create your own characters! There's a brief feature on it over at gametrailers.com that's definitely worth checking out. This one will be a Playstation exclusive though...Enough reason for me to disassociate myself from Nintendo.

Yes, I like this game very much. With all those weaponry and glassy and sharp graphics... I would like to check this out. I have noticed namco is releasing games that is for the playstation, I wonder why they like ps2 very much... I will purchase this title as soon as it will be released. Good work namco... very nice...

wow! another soul caliber coming out!! i thought the number 2 was the last one. that the last i heard of soul calibur until this!cant wait until this game comes out there be loads of bouts again! LOL

I know. I can't wait. I don't even have a PS2 and I'm still getting this on it's release date. SCII was so perfect in every way. I loved how you could just pick it up, without having mastered a character, and still have fun while if you did master one, you were rewarded greatly with countless cool moves. The visuals and art direction were astonishing as well... The announcer got a little obnoxious but who cares.This game looks very promising indeed. I don't know how the new feature of creating your own fighter will be implimented but it shold be interesting. From the looks of it, the arenas will have some new features as well, such as the ability to break out of them and fight in secret levels, sort of like in DOA and MK:deception.As for the new characters. I at least think the woman with the umbrella is cool. She's reminiscent of the old 'Lady Snow-blood' serials (which are definitely worth checking out if anyone else out there is a samurai film buff like me). I don't know what to make of the other two characters right now... I just hope that they bring back Ivy.

Really a new SC game? Wow! I just got the 2nd one and beat it. I wonder if its going to have new characters and stuff. It probably will. I personally use Rapheal becuase hes so cheap and I can kill most people and AI with him. I wonder what he will be like in the new game?

Yeah, the game has three new characters and a new feature that allows users to create their own character. As for returning characters, I know Taki, Mitsurugi and Nightmare are returning. New designs and models have been released for Taki and Mitsurugi. I know nightmare is included since he's in the logo. :P

SC2 was rushed and didnt stand up well against the origanal DC version. SHame realy as the DC one was such a great game.The reason this game is coming only to ps2 is becouse they want to spend even less time on it. The idea is to get another SC out the door before next gen and thats what there doing. Instead of coding for 3 systems, they picked just one and there gonna churn out another sub par sequal. Just look at the new charicters, they know that the game is lacking so they have to have sexy girls to sell it for them. Maybee SC4 will be decent.

I just found this. It's the official Japanese site. The Soul Calibur III site itself has been translated to English but the "Soul Archive" is in Japanese. It's very much worth taking a look at.As for SCII, I absolutely loved it. Then again, I've never played the dreamCast SC and have no real point of reference. From what I hear from people who have owned both versions, they say not too much has changed or been improved upon. But they also said it's a case where the term "If it's not broke, don't fix it" can be applied. Since Soul Calibur 1 was so obscure, when compared to titles that were available for the more successful systems, it would seam appropriate for Namco to create a multi platform SC II and really snare that huge fanbase it has now. Including the console specific bonus characters like Link and Spawn made that seam even more blatant. Is there anyone out there who saw Spawn in their character line up and didn't do a double take and say "what the hell?" Talk about out of place. Maybe SC III exclusivity is a sign that NAMCO is no longer concerned with reeling in fanboys and they're making what SC II should have been. As for the new characters, The metal ring girl is a bit weird. I'm diggin the other two, though. Especially the Umbrella woman since it's so directly inspired by the old Japanese 'Lady Snowblood' movies.

I seriously can't wait to get my hands on this game the levels are very kool looking, Create-a-Soul mode has an almost infinite amnt of options for creation, Charaters look better than ever, and gameplay looks as smooth and unique as always ^^

Yup, its finally out now, and I'm definitly loving it.Theres so much stuff to unlock in 1p, that it'll keep you occupied for a good time even if you don't know opponents to battle in VS.Create a soul mode is amazingly detailed...Then you can change regular fighters' colors too.ooo its good stuff.

Soul Calibur III is really Cool Game...Oh yea You can Create Cloud,Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII too >_< Its really cool...I'm still going to unlock some more...The COM AI is really hard...It tooks time to kill them >_<...I like to choose Nightmare the best ;).. and err... Raphael cause his fast :P...

I like the new charcters they added even though it might not be alot they added, and some of the new unlockable stuff is cool too, must suck for people who play xbox since its ps2 only

I Loved this game.For about a week. Honestly, it was good until i got stuck in the Chronicles of the sword. I couldn't get anywhere and constant random fighting is just dull, even in the most blunt of fighting games. The character creation was a good aspect, but even then, the characters weren't very customizable. I usually just kept the same guy doing the same thing with a different color scheme. It was rad, but at the same time it was pretty dull.