xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
harriko

Msn 7 Final Version? finally released?

yeah that very good and microsoft makes msn best again with new features, i think msn messenger is the best messagin service till now, although yahoo is good too but yahoo have problem with signout system and they are not paying much attention to that problem, anyways hats off for messenger 7.0 final version...:rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In my opinion MSN Messenger has always been the best messenger service out there. Other chat clients like ICQ, Yahoo! Messenger, and AIM just don't compare... never have and never will I don't think. The other clients just seem to be so far behind, I'd say they're about par with MSN Messenger 1.0 LoL. Maybe not quite, but MSN just seems to have so many features not available on the other clients... and it's so much easier and more enjoyable to use.

I heard from my friend that she could not recieve any files from anyone ever since she got msn messenger version 7.0, I think its rather wierd... She says that it keeps appearing as "The file that your contact has sent you may contain a virus and is declined for your safety" or something like that...Anyone know anything about this?

From what I know, MSN is blocking a number of file extensions to try to stop the spread of messenger viruses that have been causing trouble recently. Any files with the following extensions will be blocked:

.ade .adp .app .asp .bas .bat .cer .chm .cmd .com .cpl
.crt .csh .exe .fxp .hlp .hta .inf .ins .isp .its .js .jse .ksh .lnk
.mad .maf .mag .mam .maq .mar .mas .mat .mau .mav
.maw .mda .mdb .mde .mdt .mdw .mdz .msc .msi .msp .mst
.ops .pcd .pif .prf .prg .pst .reg .scf .scr .sct .shb .shs .tmp
.url .vb .vbe .vbs .vsd .vsmacros .vss .vst .vsw .ws .wsc .wsf .wsh

However, I think you can still send files with these extensions if you put them in a zip file. If your friend was trying to send other types of files though, then I have no idea what's wrong.

The best place to go to find out what's going on with MSN messenger is Mess.be. That's where I get all my information about messenger, and they're quite reliable as well as being extremely fast to post updates and new information.

AIM also sucks because when you IM someone, if they are typing to someone else, they start typing to you cause your chat window forces its way in there. AIM has such a hard look to it as well... MSN is so streamlined. And just so everyone knows, you can always register your GMail as a .NET passport and use it for a MSNM handle. And with Messenger Plus! you can configure a mail checker. MSN really is ahead of the game :D Somehow I had the draw tool way back in MSN 7.0 beta LOL. I would draw things to my friends and they'd be like, hey, how'd you do that. And I was trying to explain, but they just couldn't find it LOL. Gratz Microsoft on your best product ever :D