xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
siddharthacomplex

Mozilla Firefox 1.2 Incompatible Websites incompatibility issues java, html

I LOVE FIREFOX.

in the past couple months with firefox i have had only three problems:

1. frames loaded incorrectly at Ozark Electric

(right hand side should be full of content, as is in IE6sp1)

2. http://www.windowsupdate.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx does not allow update through firefox

3. McAfee Internet Security Suite required IE to update virus definitions and adware definitions

are there workarounds for issues such as these?

thanks,

siddharthacomplex

Fire fox is deffinatly better its user interface with the tabs and all is so good. i only have iexplorer because i cant view some things in firefox. to me thats its only down side.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-------------

Jipman : I don't think this has something to do with security issues or exploits, moving to software -> internet & network clients

Edited by jipman (see edit history)

Yeah i have both browsers insteled. its not ideal i now but they take up very little space and if you setup firefox properly it eill become the defult. so i would realy appreciate any help

i know i've heard of a extension that will supposively "trick" a website into thinking you are using Internet Explorer, Netscape, Opera, or whatever browser you want to set it too. I've never really tried it myself, but i heard it is fairly effective in fooling most of those kind of sites =P