xisto Community
doom145

How To Host Ur Own Site In 2 Mins Php+mysql Needed

Nice guide Doom, even though that wasnt' just 2 mins.  A good way to test my webpages before sending it to hosting. I tried to install Apache+PHP+MySQL on my Windows XP, couldn't get them to work, after 2 hours I just gave up and decided to find a free hosting site with all these provided. and here I am.

66525[/snapback]

ya, i had the same problem, win xp is realy nasty for this sought of stuff, i would try and install them manually, like create a new user in ur win xp and then open up CMD and then install from that, it automatically runs the services needed for that, if your styill interested

I don't know if any of you have tried downloading the zip file in doom's link, but it doesn't work, so I took the time to go to Apache's website, and I found a working link: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (10.5 MB - version 2.0.53).

Here is where you can download PHP version 5.0.4 http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (7,667,344 bytes).

If you wanted to host your web page on your own computer you could also install Apache like mentioned in the tutorial, then sign up for a dynamic DNS service online. The dynamic DNS service is great for people who use a dial-up or DSL connection because your IP changes every time you log on to the internet(usually). The dynamic DNS service will update with your new IP every time you go online. This makes sure your website is always available online(when logged online) even if your IP changes.

You will need a domain name to use a dynamic DNS service. I have used free ones in the past like.uni.cc or .co.uk.

If you want to find a dynamic DNS service you can just google for it. I like DynDNS.

zippy77

Will ASP work? .asp web files?

71484[/snapback]

ASP will not work because it's completely different from PHP. I think all you need for .asp files to work is to install IIS (found in Windows XP Pro).

You will need a domain name to use a dynamic DNS service. I have used free ones in the past like.uni.cc or .co.uk.

71810[/snapback]

Hmm, I didn't know .co.uk domains are free. Where you can get them?

I would use this but its too complicated for me to install all this stuff and I have a bandwidth cap from Direcway (my ISP) its like 150mb an hour. If I go over my internet goes slower than dial-up for 8 hours.

Nice tut man.Keep it up.like it .i m slightly confused with php andbla blah.anyway nice tutorial.keep some more comning.

I found a version of Apache on the official website that has an installation wizard for those of us who aren't programmers like me. If you go to the download page click on Win32 bianary. When it asks for domain information put in your ip address and it should work. I hope I'm not confusing anyone.