xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ree

Hosting My Site site question

i have over 30 credits.. i think somewhere on here i read that i needed at least 10 credits.. but after that i could "Upgrade".... but also somewhere i read that this process will take 24 hrs in order to take effect and that i will be notified via e-mail. This is all confusing to me.. can you please direct me to the section of this site where it explains how things work here Thank you very much again ~ luv ~~ree~~

First of all you apply for hosting, by using the form vujsa made, you just copy the output and post it. Then you will have to wait til NilsC or OpaQue approve your application. This may take a lil longer since OpaQue is quite busy at the moment and Nils took the weekend of :o Assuming you get approved, you will receive an email on the email address you supplied in your application (or profile - can't recall which one it is LOL). In that email you'll find a link and what you have to do. You will have to create your own account. OpaQue or NilsC just aprrove it and set the server so it lets you create an account :o In case of questions - > NilsC's post explain it pretty well :P

I think this should explain it to you.

Oh right, the credits LOL. For the starter plan you need 10 hosting credits (can be found on the index page under the shoutbox in green). This package is of course smaller than the normal one. You'll get about 20MB space :P The bigger one, plan two, requires 30 hosting credits, and you have 150MB space :P

If you first get the starter plan, you'll need to go up to 30 hosting credits before you can upgrade to plan 2, however with 30 hosting credits you can ask for plan 2 as well :P Keep in mind when you create you hosting account, that your credits will drop to 3. So you'll have to post to get it up again. If you dive into negative hosting credits, your account will get suspended (meaning the site is still there, but you can't reach it anymore), it you go too far below zero, your account gets deleted.