xisto Community
Antnydude47

Any One Teachers, Need Help w/ Projectors & TVs ?

Your computer is a powerful tool to demonstrate your thoughts, but often the screen is too small for a whole class to see. There are several options for projecting your screen and they all follow some basic hook up procedures. The main options are: 1. Scan Converter which shows your computer desktop on a TV screen 2. LCD panel to place on strong overhead projectors 3. Projector which shows your computer desktop on a screen projection 4. (Different setup procedures not listed) Software to broadcast to other computers (see your tech person for availability)Any computer with a separate CPU (the computer box) and monitor can usually support a projector, LCD panel, or scan converter because they already have a port to plug the monitor in (this is where you’ll plug the device(s) in). The "all-in-one" computers (monitor and CPU in one box) will not support a projector, LCD panel, or scan converter unless a separate external monitor port has been installed. Here’s what you do: - Read the instructions that came with the projector, LCD panel, or scan converter. - Plug the monitor-type cable from the input port on projector, LCD panel, or scan converter into the monitor port in the CPU. - Plug the actual monitor cable into the monitor output port on projector, LCD panel, or scan converter. - Turn on the projector, LCD panel, or scan converter. - Turn on or restart the computer. This will allow the computer to sense the device if it needs to. - If it’s a scan converter, plug the smaller, video cable into both the scan converter (video out) and the TV (video in). - Turn the TV on and turn to channel 3 (or 4 or Aux). For newer TVs, you can scroll through a menu where you can choose the input type--choose "Video" or "Ext" or an equivalent (This is one of those "Play with it!" moments where you experiment with the settings until the you see the desktop on the TV.) - If it’s a projector or LCD panel, there’s probably a "sleep" or "power" button that will turn on the lamp. Once it’s on, use the menu buttons on the projector to select the input settings so that you can see the desktop being projected.

Notice from SpaceWaste:
Seemed more suitable as a tutorial :P - SpaceWasteTopic edited to make it more relevant to content - m^e

Yeah projectors are good but atr school we use a program in the computer labs called netop school this allows the teacher to:control any pc project there screen or a students screen to all or selected studentslock copmputersand monitor all computerswe also use projectors in the science lab

yeh i have been taught through a projector for quite a long time now. its in every single room in my school. you might of heard of it on televison or on the news somewhere. its reputation is really high. even the prime minister even visited the building.

heres a link to to it

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

the porjection jut makes the teaching easier for teacher i think. but i dont think it take much effect on the students. it can only show pictures and stuff like that to show to the students. like that phrase "a picture tells a thousand words".

smart boards even make it easier acting to replace the old traditional balck or white marker boards. just does the exact same thing.

only bad thing about this there are bugs like viruses. there are so much problems on the computers in my school they had to reformat everything once in a while.

while the teacher are teaching me and writing on the smart board, the computer even freezes for nothing. slows down the lesson dramatically!

Yes at Northfleet Technology College formally known as NSFB we use the latest projectors and laptops even know some are a bit out of date but they never break and they have good graphics all have AMD technology and much more