xisto Community
Xevian

Help With This System

I'm rather new to this system, I don't understand what it means when I want to install it by, "http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; I don't understand the "yourdomain" part... For Xisto, how do we do it?-- EDIT -- --Added --I have encountered another problem... I used their installer to install it... When I go to the URL, all that appears is... index... Is there something wrong?

How are you trying to install the software?If you use cPanel Fantastico you should be able to simply select the domain (subdomain) to use and below that, you can specify a directory. If no directory is specified, then the software will be intalled in the root diectory.If you are installing manually, then simply goto xevian.astahost.com/smf/install.phpWhat is your web address?vujsa

I did it manually by going to xyhroex.astahost.com/smf/install.php, I deleted the install.php for security. When I try to access it, by going to xyhroex.astahost.com/SMF, all that appears is... index

Did you upload all of the files?

Did you get a FINISHED message when you ran install.php?

Why don't you use the auto-installer in cPanel Fantastico?

I see the "index" that you are talking about.

vujsa

The auto installer is much easier. The database configuration along makes Fantastico irreplacable. Want a real challenge, try the Mambo CMS with the SMF bridge. Both have to be installed manually after being modified to work together.There are a few of us here that are familiar with SMF, so give us a yell if you need a hand.Happy posting, :P vujsa

Oh kick note, if your getting, "Index" only, please re-upload your Themes directory with a better FTP client, its left some files intead of uploading them all. That should also upload languages where the problems arise a lot.