xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jackpinerepublic

Is There A Max File Size Limit When Uploading?

I just tried uploading a 23 MB .wmp file. It started to upload but then after about 6 minutes a box popped up in the corner. It said "Page Cannot Be Displayed" so I tryed it again assuming there was an error, but I got the same thing. So I'm wondering if there is a file size limit or if there are file types that are restricted. I couldn't find this information anywhere else so I'd appreciate someone letting me know.

Uploading to Xisto???If its not at Xisto you migth wanna read the instructions with your hosting package. If you are hosted at Xisto, the basic package has a maximum of 20mb storage. So that might be the reason the file upload.

I'm using Xisto and I have package 2 and 149 MB of free space. Every time I've tried uploading a large video file, a box within the webpage pops up but it says "Page Cannot Be Displayed" I have cable internet so I'm sure its not because of a disconnection.

Do you mean you can't view the content after you sucessfully uploaded it.ORAre you having trouble uploading it??If it is 1, then there is a error in the uploading process.If it is 2, then are you using ftp to upload? If not, what do you use to upload?

I just tried uploading a 23 MB .wmp file. It started to upload but then after about 6 minutes a box popped up in the corner. It said "Page Cannot Be Displayed" so I tryed it again assuming there was an error, but I got the same thing. So I'm wondering if there is a file size limit or if there are file types that are restricted. I couldn't find this information anywhere else so I'd appreciate someone letting me know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just make sure you don't exceed the bandwidth.

The server settings on most ISPs limit uploads through webpages to 2meg. Its for security and to stop slow down of resources. No real way around it.

-reply by Simon Varley

I tried to upload 10 mb file from ie i wont get any problem but in case of firefox it is crashedIs There A Max File Size Limit When Uploading?

I tried to upload 10 mb file from ie I wont get any problem but in case of firefox  it is crashed.S there any size limitation for browsers ? please suggest

Thanks

Ravikanth

-reply by Ravikanth reddyKeywords: file upload size limit in firefox