xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
harriko

Google Sms (beta) sms.....

theres another new feature on google! it just keeps on growing and growing doesnt it! well this is for sms. send a queries through your phone and it gives you the answers, there are still some bugs in it because its new!

Google SMS (Short Message Service) enables you to send queries as text messages over your mobile phone or device and easily get precise answers to your questions. No links. No web pages. Just text â and the information you're looking for:
    * Get local business listings when you're on the road and want to find a place to eat.
    * Find movie showtimes and theater locations of movies currently playing near you.
    * Get weather conditions and 4-day forecasts to plan your day.
    * Compare online product prices with ones you find in retail stores.
    * Look up dictionary definitions to expand your vocabulary or prove a point.

https://www.google.com/mobile/sms/

Hey cool new feature with Google! I'm dying to use it but the site seems to be a bit vague on the details don't you think? I see all the features but i see no price. Somehow, the "How do you do it" table at the bottom seems to apply to only US residents. Do other countries get this feature too? Is "Google SMS" computere generated answers or is it human powered?

theres another new feature on google! it just keeps on growing and growing doesnt it!

Well I totally agree with you. I can still remember Google as a loner search engine during the old times when i was still using Yahoo! as my main search engine. MSN wasn't too bad those times too. Now Google wants to expand more and more. Doesn't this remind you all of Microsoft?

Thats a little old its been out for awhile now. The only fee is the fee of sending a text message. I've used it a couple of times just to see if it'd work. It did. I'm not sure if it works in anywhere else but USA though. You can get directions from the specific name or just the categorie of the business. It also has Frooogle SMS aswell for prices of stuff. It all uses Google's algorithms and the same stuff it uses for its internet searches.

Google are definitley going places. (Not that you needed me to state that :P) all the new features they're implimenting! whats next eh? the desktop search works really well too.

i may want to use this to answer my questions or when i get lost but the only thing is that it only works in the US.... and im in the uk. so like always for everything i have to wait till the service is available for the uk after the rest of the world has it.