xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
qwijibow

Behind You ! A 3 Headed Monkey ! ever play secret of monkey island ?

about a decade ago i had an Amiga1200 and i played a game called secret of monkey island, a classic !!! very funnny, just great !but i never read the instruction manual, i never realised that the opnly way to save a game was with F12 (there was no mention of save in the system menu) so i never got more than a few hors into the game, out of 3 chapters, i never completed the first.chapter 1, you met 3 pirates, and they send you on a test, you need to beat the sword fighter of milee island fing burried tressure, and steal the fabulous idol. i managed all except burried tressure.10 years later, on my amiga emulator, i played it again... and armed with the F12 key, i FINALLY completed it !and its an amasing game !all the modern graphics and physics engines jut cant make up for a graeat story, grat plot twist, and humour.

lol i hear you. the simple games own the hell out of most fancy "look at my 3d" games of now. i prefer old school nintendo over ps2 and xbox. no competition for mario brothers, duck hunt... oh yeh sega genesis rocked too.. sonic the hedghog :)

and don't forget other parts of this great game :) like Mokey Island 2: le Chucks revenge... and also that there is great way to play old Lucas Arts games, ScummVM (to play PC version...) it looks realy good... man, what you made? now I have to play it again :(

about a decade ago i had an Amiga1200 and i played a game called secret of monkey island, a classic !!! very funnny, just great !but i never read the instruction manual, i never realised that the opnly way to save a game was with F12 (there was no mention of save in the system menu) so i never got more than a few hors into the game, out of 3 chapters, i never completed the first.

chapter 1, you met 3 pirates, and they send you on a test, you need to beat the sword fighter of milee island   fing burried tressure, and steal the fabulous idol. i managed all except burried tressure.

10 years later, on my amiga emulator, i played it again... and armed with the F12 key, i FINALLY completed it !
and its an amasing game !

all the modern graphics and physics engines jut cant make up for a graeat story, grat plot twist, and humour.

Oh yeah... I nicked the entire monkey island series from my brother to play, it was so funny, I almost got cramps! I love the pirate fights using insults, interesting ways to get out of a bad situation too... Hahahaha!

Oh wow! Monkey Island series are friggin awesome! Except when they decided to go 3D of course. I picked up the PC set of all 3 first ones a while back and love them so much. The challenge they bring and humour are really great. So ya I agree that most classics are better than todays "look at me im better 3D than the rest" that are out there. But it does kind of bring me down that these quality games arent being produced anymore. Sure, there are lots of good games out there now but not as many with such good plots/humour/ and just general enjoyment. Lucasfilms games are really awesome tho, Indiana Jones ones were pretty good too!