xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
redsox58

Beginer 3d Design Program which one

Er... lemme say that Anim8or is to MSpaint, as 3D studio max is to Paint Shop Pro 8.If you're just starting I'd say Anim8or. They have enough tutorials so that you'll learn all the program in a month or so. From those basics you could move to 3DSMax...you'll appreciate the extras it has alot more then.

for animation, I don't know since I don't work with animation, but for subsurface modeling I would recomend only Wings 3D - easy, clean and fast... best results... I was working with 3ds max, but compare with Wings, same things took 2 times more in 3ds! If you are getting better you can even beat lightspeed while modeling :( superb virtual mirror, great tweak mode, and many, many, many other features makes it my favorite application for modeling... :) It's also good for beginning... many of my friends started from it...

Yeah, i've heard 3D Studio Max to be the most powerfullest and one of the most popular 3D programs. I've never used it but i've had a look around and there seems to be hundreds of tutorials for it, so i'd suggest you go with it. But it depends how much you want to pay for it. I was having a look at the pricing they show on Discreet (the creators of 3D Studio Max) and for 3ds Max 7 it costs US$3,145.50. You may find it cheaper somewhere else or i'd suggest u buy and earlier version if you can.Since you're looking for a beginner software i'm not sure if something around $3,000 is something you'd give to beginners. I've never actually used the program but i may be wrong. From what i've heard it's an amazing program and fairly easy to use, it all depends on how much you want to pay for it.Personally if i was looking for beginner software i'd look for something free, there is one which i think is called Blender3D, i've never also used that one. I'd suggest u try that and get the hang of i before you go out and spend $3000 on something ur wishing to learn. It all really depends on how much money you've got or your willing to spend.CheersSilent :)

The best thing to start with is the one you CAN start with. For that, let me suggest blender 3d. Blender is a fully capable 3d package on the lines of lightwave and 3dsmax and so on, but it is FREE. It is open source. Also, because it is free there is a HUGE community around it that would be more than willing to help you out. Even better, to get started there is a free online book at https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro

The next to learn would be Maya. This is because it is an industry standard like 3dsmax. It is better than 3ds when it comes to animation especially. The reason to go for maya next is because they have a slightly crippled version called Maya Personal Learning Edition. With this, you can perfect your skills till you are at a marketable degree of capability.

3dstudiomax or Maya when it comes to characters. Animation should be done in Poser.Bruce or bryce i dont remember the name there you should design the landscape. You will also find rhino and softimage. the best thing is to tryout and use the tutorials before you go and buy the software.

ummm 3D Studio Max all the way. Its the most powerful program out there and you won't be dissapointed for some basic tutorials on the program, go to http://www.pixel2life.com/ and look under 3D Studio Max, not for the price tag, you can buy one from say an art school as they are quite a lot cheaper (My friend got me one for 300 bucks) so yea, knock yourself out

I have posted on other forums about this but most effects companies uses maya as opposed to 3ds max because maya is more flexible when it comes to customization. For instance, say you want to a person to emerge from the convergence of the wet pigments on a watercolor painting. I don't know if max can handle that kind of thing but i sure can think of ca few ways where i can achieve that effect using Maya. P.S For people who argue that Day after Tomrrow was made using 3dMax, I have to say that the development team only chose 3dMax because it gives them access to Vray.

If you ever get tired of 3ds, you can try going for Maxxon 3d studio or something of the sort to try and get a handle of the coordinate system and stuff. Its less sophisticated than 3ds but is also easy to learn.

Ive used 3ds max for little over 3 years now. Hands down no butts about it I would recommend this program to anyone whos starting off. I started off trying to use Blender and Bryce. Those to programs are 10x more frustrating themselves to learn by themselves then max.If your really devoted youll pick it up in no time.Maya Vs Max?Simple awnser for me is Max because im not writing basially my own plugins. The reason Maya is the industry standard is primarily for how open it is and easy to write all your little addin programs. But I have never found myself in a situation that I didnt find out how to do something.I read an article about a plugin for max about max's plug-in "Afterburn" which is on my to buy list. One of the companies in charge of the cg explosions went to max becasue in what would take a week in maya to hand set all the particle systems they were able to do in 3 days with a single rig in max using this plugin.All around great program.Discreet should have demos if yo want to try it for yourself.

Well, you could get Maya. That is, if you want to pay 1,000 - 6,000 thousand dollars for the program. If you want that program, don't waste your money buying it. Seriously, it's the biggest waste of money, since it requires too much time and patience.I strongly recommend Hexagon at Eovia.com. It does cost $150 dollars, but it is well worth it. It is easy to use and has several different features. It has almost as many features as Maya, except you save $900.