xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SingleDaddyof2

Is There Such A Thing As A "paid Moderator" Hear of any forums that pay their staff?

LOL...Oh god...Being paid to be a mod...Tell me how that one goes...And you know if you ever find sucha place...You'll pm your old buddy SpaceWaste right ? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I Googled "paid moderator" (with quotation marks) and to my surprise, there were 232 results. I saw that paid moderators do exist but they're rather rare.

As it turns out, running and maintaining a forum takes a lot of work and time out one's schedule. That's why forum owners need the assistance of admin assts. and moderators. IMO moderators are required if a forum owner wants to make his forum one of the best. Forums do have competition with other sites (in fact, it was mentioned that Xisto has competition that offers similar services, in another thread). Unmoderated or poorly moderated forums are not very responsive to their members needs. Problem members make questionable posts and are not held accountable. The forum's reputation suffers. This causes that forum's best current and potential members to migrate to forums with good reputations. I have seen this happen before.

Forums that grow and maintain a good reputation see their membership growing constantly. This means more eyeballs looking at the forum's content and more eyeballs looking at the ads on the forum. This in turn means an opportunity to make a little money. This is part of the reason why more and more websites are having forums added to their sites. As the demand for forums go up, the demand for moderators goes up. And you know what happens when the demand for a service goes up, right? :(