xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jedipi

Eioffice Cannot Be Installed After Upgraded Gnome EIOffice cannot be installed

I upgraded Gnome 2.10 as soon as Fedora Core 3 installedAfter that, I try to install EIOffice.But error occured.it said something " cannot find libgnomeui.so.32 in the system"do I have any chancs to install EIOffice under Gnome 2.10??or I should give it up and install openoffice.org??

The libgnomeui.so.32 is usually located under /usr/lib folder.. You can try using the locate command to find it.

CONSOLE

shell> locate libgnomeui.so.32

/usr/lib/libgnomeui.so.32.14.1

/usr/lib/libgnomeui.so.32

If the file exists you'll get the containing directory with the filename. If it doesn't go to this site:

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idp1.i586.rpm.html

Here you'll find all the rpm's and libraries. Just browse through the content of the rpms or search till you find this library..Next all you gotta do it install it - and your work's done :)

Since Open Office is the standard office suite on FC3 it might be better to step to open office. Because 1. It's easy to update -> yum update does it all2. It is very easy to use and you don't have to install it.Can't think of any other reason.

The libgnomeui.so.32 is usually located under /usr/lib folder.. You can try using the locate command to find it.

CONSOLE

shell> locate libgnomeui.so.32

/usr/lib/libgnomeui.so.32.14.1

/usr/lib/libgnomeui.so.32

If the file exists you'll get the containing directory with the filename. If it doesn't go to this site:

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idp1.i586.rpm.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

libgnomeui.so.32 is not in my system.

But my system has libgnomeui-2.so, libgnomeui-2.so.200

because I just upgrade Gnome to version 2.10.

I try to make a link with the following command:

CONSOLE

shell> ln -s /usr/lib/libgnomeui-2.so.200 /usr/lib/libgnomeui.so.32

But it still does not work...

should I install the above file (gnome-ligs-1.42-alt3.1.i586.rpm) since I have installed Gnome v2.10 already???