xisto Community
Tibbz

Lets See Some Photos You Guys Have Taken/edited

How about my photos?  :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm Samuel, a photographer in Hong Kong, and is also the admin of dchome.net, the largest photography discussion forum in Hong Kong~~~  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey, I once lived in Hong Kong too. By the way, nice photo.

=_=. Different standard altogether na~ I think I don't need to tell you that your photos are good no?

Where did you take them and what equipment? I know you use a MarkII but what lens? Especially for the insect closeup. How did you manage to get so close to the insect? Using long lens? Macro?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Equipment used:

#1: Canon D60 + Canon 70-200 f/4 L @f/6.3

#2: Canon 1D mk II + Canon MPE65 f/2.8 1-5x macro photo @f/16 + Canon MT-24EX twin flash

#3: Canon 1D mk II + Canon 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 DO IS @f/8

#4: Canon 1D mk II + Canon 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 DO IS @f/16

I take them all in Hong Kong, because I live in Hong Kong~ :)

For the #2 insect closeup, I use a special Canon macro lens (Canon MPE65 f/2.8 1-5x macro photo) which can take an image from 1:1 up to 5:1. The image shown was set on 3:1 magification. Because the loss of light problem (macro lens always have light loss, the more magification the more loss of light), I need to use a special Canon flash called twin flash, which is specially designed for use in macro photography. These kind of > 1:1 photography is called extreme macro, or micro-photography.

You can have look at this lens and flash at Canon EOS website: :)

MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro Photo

Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX

Wow, that close up of the insect is astonishing! Perfect timing too, how did you get that position of it? Also I went to your gallery and those shots of the sunset in the Airport are just so vivid! ...wow

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks~ :)

The technique is to use a twin flash or ring flash, set exposure mode to M mode, f/16 and 1/250sec (or the X-sync speed your camera offers) to ensure that the depth of field is as deep as possible while trying to prevent shaking and any kinds of movement by setting a high shutter speed. Then wait for the fly (yes, that's a fly, but it's not house fly of course~) to feed the flowers... when they're feeding they'll tends on stay still (relatively... after all they still move, but that's easy to fozen it using a high shutter speed). With enough patience, luck and lots of trial-and-errors, you'll finally get it~ :)

Of course, you'll need to have the right equipment to do the job. Macro always needs patience, if you don't have enough of it then better don't play macro~ you'll be frustrated to death~~~ :)

Heres a few of my latest pictures i have taken. Please keep in mind that im new to photography lol. Please give me your comments and suggestions, they will definatly be appreciated. Thanks, todd404.pngeuz_blue/myphotography017.jpg

404.png404.png404.png404.png404.png

I took this one of myself using a Canon digital camera with the remote and a small tripod, just in my living room :( I think I should have opened the curtains, but I didn't really think of that till later. Below is a link to the original and a sized down preview of the fixed up, which you can click to see the finished version:

Original

\/\/ Preview of finished (click) \/\/

Posted Image

Original link is wrong...

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

No edit button :(

Im pretty new to this website but uhm ill just post some pics of mine here. I usualy post them on deviant art but im in the process of making a website/gallery of my own to show them. heres a few.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I'd really love some critique on them.

wow! I really love all of the photos posted so far :lol:

You're such a talented bunch!

I love photography. Well, I love all forms of art really! And I have a photoshop addiction! Hehe. But I'm still trying to learn how to do it properly! :lol:

I'd like to try CS sometime, is it good? I'm just using Photoshop 7 right now.

Anyway! Here they are...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Hopefully they aren't too bad :lol:

I have more here

i really like the one you took of the water scene!! I think that is really nice :lol: good work And you gott alove the one of the girl with the apple too. I got some more im gonan post soon . Come back and take a look and let me know what you think, todd

i really like the one you took of the water scene!! I think that is really nice :lol: good work And you gott alove the one of the girl with the apple too. I got some more im gonan  post soon . Come back and take a look and let me know what you think, todd

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you so much :lol:

I'm happy you like them!

These are just some promo pics for my little brother's band, There's Always Forever. (he's the hooded one) Click on the thumbs for fullsize.

For this one I used a blue/grey duotone, but left their faces, hands, etc in regular color.

Posted Image

I don't even remember how I made this. I just kept duplicating the layers and changing blending modes.

Posted Image

No effects for this one, but I still like it.

Posted Image