xisto Community
Tibbz

Lets See Some Photos You Guys Have Taken/edited

here are sum of mizzine!another...Heres the before pic of this oneheres the after pic after PS was usedopps my bad I just relized when uploading that last one, that we can upload more then one at a time sorry lol :)

Notice from microscopic^earthling:
Tibbz: Nice work on those pictures, specially the second sunset. Just don't make 5 consecutive posts one after the other. If you want to put up all these pictures as thumbnails in your posts either include all the attachments in one single post or use an imagehosting service like imageshack.us and embed the thuumbnails in your posts. In any case, here or otherwise, you should avoid making consecutive posts all by yourself. Wait fo a reply to your post and only then you can make another trailing post. Posts MERGED.

Some really quick little edits, both of photos of myself. The first just has some stupid brushes on it, and I desaturated everything but my eye colour (that is the natural colour of them.)

The second simply had the contrast adjusted a bit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Quick little stupid things for fun =D

I love photography too but I am just an amateur one one earth. However, some pics I have taken are not too bad. My philosophy is to find out the beauty of tiny things around us, especially tiny flowers, and show them off. Here are some of them. Visit my gallery at http://dungsport.zidean.com/.

Ah, just a sec off topic, my website on Xisto is up and running. Please feel free to visit it and leave you opinion in my guest book. Thanks!!!

The first one is Melbourne Museum building in Melbourne, Australia and the other tiny flower buddes were taken in Melbourne as well

I were so s2pid. I should have put the link to the images. Could not put anymore or edit the previous one.

Here is another pic: Posted Image

Notice from microscopic^earthling:
Consecutive posts merged.

I am a photographer for my Boy Scouts unit and also for my school so most of the photos I've taken are all about my school and none for Scouts as they are copyrighted by Venture Scout Leader Andrew Yeo and besides, they're not professional and I don't think they're entry level either.

Posted Image

Somewhere in Malaysia for our Leadership Training Camp...

Posted Image

My air conditioned container classroom...

Posted Image

The Girl Guide who I like is somewhere in this class...(But sadly, not in this photo)

Posted Image

My Primary School Chinese Orchestra friends...(Different instruments though)

Posted Image

My annoying sister who's living with me and my cousins, for now....(Since our parents are dead)

Note that these images have not been edited by any programs...yet.

I'm sort-of a purist when it comes to photography: I think it's okay to fix the photo by using curves and contrast, but I don't approve of like mixing skies from another picture and editing it too much. But that's just my opinion.

I like taking photographs of people. My friends, actually. I also take random things along the streets and stuff like that. Haha.

This is one of my favourite portraiture photos that I took recently...

Posted Image

She's a good friend of mine, and she was putting on makeup for a photoshoot at a studio that I was helping to cover.

Hmm, for me, I usually use Photoshop CS for editing my photos. I put up a tutorial about editing photos in the tutorial section, and what I wrote in the tutorial is actually what I usually do to my photos.For me, I like to think it's more of photography skills than actual editing. True, editing can get you a good picture when you've gotten a not-so-good one, but I think what I'm trying to aim for are pictures that turn out great when I take them, without having to blur stuff or change exposure and colour saturation and stuff.Haha when I get to that level I can dump colour film and start shooting medium formats and slides. But that's if I ever get there. Currently I still need to change the colour settings for the photos, and do some dust and scratch control.Oh yeah a good camera and lens helps. This one was taken at 50mm at like f1.7 which explains the lovely lack of depth-of-field and blurred background.

Hmm, for me, I usually use Photoshop CS for editing my photos. I put up a tutorial about editing photos in the tutorial section, and what I wrote in the tutorial is actually what I usually do to my photos.

For me, I like to think it's more of photography skills than actual editing. True, editing can get you a good picture when you've gotten a not-so-good one, but I think what I'm trying to aim for are pictures that turn out great when I take them, without having to blur stuff or change exposure and colour saturation and stuff.

Haha when I get to that level I can dump colour film and start shooting medium formats and slides. But that's if I ever get there. Currently I still need to change the colour settings for the photos, and do some dust and scratch control.

Oh yeah a good camera and lens helps. This one was taken at 50mm at like f1.7 which explains the lovely lack of depth-of-field and blurred background.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also using Photoshop CS now , I have the Panasonic FZ-20 DC , also , I have the film carmaer . I have the film scanner in my office .

I post my photo here and give me opinion plz

Thank you very much ~~~!

Nicely done! I like how the flower is nicely focused somewhere near the top, although it feels like if you had focused right at the tips of the petals it would look better. I like the lack of depth-of-field, very nicely blurs out the background, although the colour seems a bit lifeless, perhaps the colour is running out through the top left hand corner? Red usually makes the colour run out. I would have probably put the flower a little more to the side or straight in the middle, the current position is a tad off, not really dead-centre and not really following the rule of thirds... But it's a really nice picture! How did you get that angle? Lie on the floor?

Come, let's critique one of my photos in return! This one has not been edited in photoshop except to change the resolution.

Posted Image

Took this with a 135mm lens at f3.5 on Fuji 400 film. Unedited, so you might see dust on it.

By the way how do you link to photos and have that "click to enlarge" thing? Is it some kind of code?

well, i haven't taken any myself, but i would like to share these: Neave.com - Photos
divided into a few categories, with witty comment on every photo.
they are taken by paul neave, he is my big idol :) at least, i admire him, his website, and most things on it. visit His Webpage here, and do look around.

Thank you very much! The second picture was actually one of those random shots... My camera is an old manual one so usually I take a few shots in the beginning that may or may not be developed (those are the ones that are not part of the 36 shots). The statue of the lion is at my gates, and the red ribbon was like... dying... heh heh. Quite happy with the hot, because it was my first time using my friend's 135mm lens and boy did my hands shake when I took the photo! Was quite happy it turned out sharp at all...

Hehe, I got a cam for my b'day lsat year (yay :P) so since then I've been taking shot from all kinds of things. I've taken a few and put them on this page (they're still high-res though, so loading may take a while).

I have a few very nice pics of plants in my garden somewhere, i'll see if I can dig them up :P