xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Giniu

So Zsnes - A Snes Emulator Wasn't Dead?

Hi...This isn't exactly news, since it already has few months, but... some time ago I consider ZSNES - exelent Super Nintendo emulator to be dead... I looked at It in September 2004 and there was'n any relese since Jul 14th, 2002 and any mesage since Aug 11th, 2003 so I sotped looking at their site... few days ago I saw nice active in begining of new year - from Dec 25th, 2004 to Jan 20th, 2005 there was 3 relases! If someone thought this project was dead, I inform, that it isn't... currently we can have ZSNES in version 1.42 for DOS/WIN/LIN with many, many improvements in compare with old 1.36 relase from year 2002... I think this is great info for fans of oldshool jRPG's like Star Ocean, Tales of Phantasia, Lufia, Final Fantasy or great Chrono Trigger :)

I like old school games especially adventure... I played tons of adventure and action games in the snes including, batman forever, power rangers, super mario collection, donkey kong country 1-3, top gear 3000, metal warriors, super adventure islands 1and2, mortal kombat series, chrono trigger, jungle strike, !!!rockman or megaman!!!, aladdin, battle tanks, chaos in windy city, demolition man, desert strike, gradius series, gun hazzard, :) harvest moon, judge dredd, micro machines, mystic ark, clock tower, final fight series, super mario rpg(cool)... , nba hangtime, saturday night slammasters, pacman, zeo rangers, star ocean, sim city 2000, super bomberman series, super punch out, urban strike and the chaos engine. Yes lots of sleepless nights and gamegenie, gameshark modes hehehe... All those memories...

I just love the ZSNES it is a great emulator I use it to play all the old games like, Star Ocean, Tales of Phantasia, Terranigma, and Seiken Desetsu 3=this one is my favorite right now. It's so great to have this emulator just to play these games that were never released here. :)

I've used zsnes for ages now, never really had any problems with it so I rarely checked for updates since a fairy long time ago, but I might check out the newest release just to see if there are any noticeable changes.Long Live CT

There are few noticable improvements - but how big they are? it depends what version was you using... :) for sure Linux version improved a lot, since they started with it not so long ago :)