xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kenjvalip

Tekken 1-5 The changes of game engine and features.

The first tekken title I played was tekken 3, that was on the year 1996 or 97, the first time I saw this ps1 game I was so amazed it was realistic (those times). It was the first 3d game engine that looked much better than virtua fighter 2 (arcade). The story was great and some unusual characters like fighting logs, bears, ogres and etc. the moment I had ps1 was on the year 1999 or 2000, I was so excited and played tekken 3. I finished the game unlocked all characters, and stories. But I wanted to know more about the story so I tried tekken 1 and 2. For no good luck I never liked both of them, graphics looked very primitive and no side steps, ow... In the mid 2000 tekken tag was released. I heard that there was a tekken tag release for the ps1, (there was no ps2 console yet in that time in our place), it was a limited edition. I was not able to grab a title because the stock got depleted. So I waited and waited... Then there was the release of tekken 4, the first time I saw tekken 4 was on the arcade. At first glimpse of the game, wow I couldn't believe arcades got this super hardware to render such smooth glassy and high res graphics... By that time ps2 was so popular. I was still a student those times. I saved my lunch money and purchased ps2. At last I bought ps2 and there is a special offer which gives you 20 game titles free for a purchase of a ps2 system. Luckily I was the one who got this offer so I chosed all the horror games available at that time and of course tekken 4. I also bought tekken tag tournament for ps2 which has good graphics but tekken got has more better graphics. Recently I was able to buy a tekken 5 game title for the ps2. I was so excited to play it when I reached home, uhmmm, there is this funny mini-game spaceship theme loading stuff. Hehehe I thougt that was the game. Then I saw the story, heihechi got killed ??? but when I played kazuya he survived. Jinpachi was introduced to the game, the grandfather of kazuya and father of heihachi. His moves are very insane... The graphics of tekken 5 sucked a bit because tekken 4 had more better graphics. I wonder why namco did it... To save space or something else. The game contains the tekken 1-3 arcade versions and the minigame with jin's story line. But I liked the gameplay, when the game starts namco removed the ability to move before the battle begins unlike tekken 4 that you could jump side step and other stuff. You need to tap up or down directional buttons to execute a walking continuous side step. The only thing that the graphics got better was the stages. The character skin looks very pale and like a paper drawn and sticked on a wooden figure. Hehehe well this looks crazy... Concluding I still liked the gameplay and became addicted just like before the other early game titles. There were many additions to the moveslist of each character. Jin can still perform the 5 hit combo and there are added features like 10-hit combination, (jin never got a 10-hit in tekken 4). I still have to unlock jinpachi and d. jin. If you are planning to purchase this game title go if you like the new moves and gameplay and if your in for graphic enhancements it won't impress you.

Well from Tekken 4 to Tekken 5 the graphics of the characters was a little bit subpar but the backgrounds were awesome so hopefully in Tekken 6 they will get both up to level and it will be an awesome game.

My first tekken game was also Tekken 3. I played it also on Playstation 1. And I really liked the Vollyballgame (or something with a net). You could put an attack on the ball en then it went to your opponent and he get's pain :P.

I'm a big fan of Tekken 5 and arrogantly speaking i'm damn good at it! lol But i kinda lost interest after Tekken Tag. Tekken 4 and 5 are nothing different to the previous ones. Just the graphics and a few moves and characters. But no good features really. I like Tekken Tag because it was different and they had the Tekken Bowl!!!

Well since I don't play Tekken actively, I wouldn't notice the difference. This baring in mind, should I buy it? Is it worth it to a person that is somewhat new to the series. It looks really good expecially the graphics.

I've played 2 Tekken games: Tekken 4 and Tekken Tag Tournement. We started playing Tekken 4 when we rented it from blockbuster. We liked it, and since my little brother Ian's birthday was closest, he got it 4 his BD. My favorites are Yoshimitsu and Xioyu(sry, i can't spell it right). Then 4 christmas(my bro's BD's in November), we got a Multitap,2 extra controllers, and Tekken Tag Tournement, so we could All fight it out against each other. Some characters are pretty dumb though, like Devil and True Ogre. But I think it's worth 15 or 20 bucks.

heh i played all of them but never really got into the seres.. im more into snk now..kof.. samari showdown.. so on.. but i do like tekken 3.. that will always be my fav game.. no mater how 3d it gets..

i've played tekken tag tournament and I think the fighting engine was incredible! graphics were stunning, not to mention the combat system. i was a big fan of DOA but ever since i played this title, tekken is considered to be like an equal to it now to me. :D , besides this series has been out for years now so of course its evolving.

I recently bought Tekken 5, and I think the graphics are really good! Although to be honest I have not played any of the other Tekken titles. My friend has Tekken Tag, and he says that Tekken 5 has way more moves and combos in it than Tekken Tag. In Tekken 5 you can play a demo of the origional Tekken. The graphics are REALLY bad. Oh well, i suppose that's understandable seeing as it wasn't even on the ps1 by then!

.Solitude

The arcade mode is where you'll earn your gold, and it's sort of an endless arcade-style battle against the game's artificial intelligence. Much like Virtua Fighter 4 did before it, Tekken 5 pits you against AI players of different ranks that have actual ring names, as if they were based on actual players.

I started at Tekken 2.. Me and my broyther kept gawping t the articles in a magazine about the making and newest news on tekken 2 and gran turismo, they came at the same time and we were really amazed.. went to hong kong and we boutght both of them along with the ps1.. When we got home, we played like crazy, Tekken 2 was great and we've bought every tekken bar 4 from then. My favourite is tag becasuse of all the characters taht were £"dead" but i like the new chaacters in 5.. The storyline they have come up with for each character is great fun adn i like the wayt each character has their own ending, and they have rivals and all taht load... its a great game packed with great visuals and a story line.. shame about hte visuals in tekken 5 but he realism of the stages is getting better.. Likle virtua fighter, tekken five is better for backgrounfds than it is for characters. Tekken 3 was really the turning point of the game bring ining in Jin who is the main charracter thiese dayts, we stil dont know waht hes on about!!!

have u guys checked out the next installment of Tekken? Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection I believe its called. Its currently being made for the PSP, the graphics on it is AMAZING, expecially for the PSP. And from the look of things, non of the characters will be taken out for the PSP, all will be included plus 2 MORE characters...THIS IS A MUST BUY for the PSP if you guys own one, I know I will...

I think (its quite obvious) that Tekken 5 is the Ultimate Capcom Fighter game out so far.I say this not only because ive only just bought it (i know.. a little late but ah well!!) ,, but because once you play enough and win almost all of teh characters in the game (you can do this by finishing story mode with as many people you can play with) ,, you are able to unlock an incredible feature called ''Arcade History''.This is really great for the sole reason that it allows you to play All the previous games like Tekken 1, Tekken 2, Tekken 3 but i dont think you can play Tekken 4. Anyway, its still great!!Also, it allows you to observe how Tekken has progressed in terms of Graphics design and overall game engine effectiveness. Tekken 5 is great! No doubt about it!