xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NilsC

Change In Hosting Packages For All Members This is a copy of emails sent 3/21/05

To all members of Xisto.com,

Management is pleased to inform you that we have made this great hosting even better and easier to obtain.

There are still 2 plans offered:

Plan1 is an introductory package for those who can’t wait to get started. 20 MB with 500 MB, 10 hosting credit.

Plan 2 is the new default package and is based on the old package 4 but with more bandwidth. 150 MB with 3GB Bandwidth, 30 hosting credit.

Part 1 is for hosted members.

The changes are to the packages and to the way they are obtained, users with package one have no changes. If you have package 2 you now have 150MB-diskspace and 5GB of Bandwidth. We still have unlimited email and databases but it will show only 99 in cPanel. If you need more than 99 databases or email addresses you can ask for the change when you have 95 working databases or when you have 95 active email.

Hosted users with package 1 can ask for upgrade to package 2 at any time after you have 30 or more hosting credits. No more post counting, everything is based on your hosting credits and the quality of your posts.

Part 2 is for new members.

There are only 2 plans now, you can post and ask for hosting when you have 10 hosting credits and you will receive the introductory package (Package 1) or you can wait until you have 30 hosting credits before you ask for the default hosting (Package 2). What you have to keep in mind is that you must follow the rules and not have any warnings or negative reputation. If you are found breaking the rules you will not receive hosting until you follow the rules.

This part is for both new and hosted members:

If you apply for hosting or for an upgrade and we deny it, you will know because we deleted your request. If your post is closed with a reply from an Administrator you were approved and an email will arrive shortly.

If you ask for hosting or upgrade and your profile is not correct, fake email or non working email and you ask us to re-send the token you will loose 10 hosting credits and have to make that up before you can setup or update the account.

lol....We always only had to plans.That announcement is based on the trapt17 announcement...But is nonetheless awesome.I'm also pretty sure the 5gb bw applies for all current members :) and if it does. WEEEEE that's exactly what I wanted from this hosting service :( thank you!

Nice! Thanks a bunch Xisto!

I just noticed the changes in my Cpanel when I logged in...the BW is now not out of of 2048 mb but out of 5120 mb. Great news...thanks a bunch guys :)

Really appreciate the upgrade Posted Image

Big cheers for everyone! :(

-ignition

man!!!!30 hosting credits it's a lot!!!!!!!how does it work.. if it goes below 30, then astohost will put my site down???????anyway.. it's a great service, thanks!!!!!

man!!!!

30 hosting credits it's a lot!!!!!!!

how does it work.. if it goes below 30, then astohost will put my site down???????

anyway.. it's a great service, thanks!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bah..you're lucky...I had to have 50 credits to activate my upgraded package :(

No, once it is upgraded then you will automatically be dropped to 3 hosting creds. Each credit = one day that your site can remain up. If your hosting credits reaches 0, or a negative number, then your site will be temporarily suspended until you have at least 4 hosting credits again, at which point it will be reactivated.

If your site is suspended for more than 30 days, then it is deleted from the servers completely and irreversibly.

I believe that is correct, someone correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers! :)

ignition

man!!!!

30 hosting credits it's a lot!!!!!!!

how does it work.. if it goes below 30, then astohost will put my site down???????

anyway.. it's a great service, thanks!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

do u prefer to have to have (argh my english is very bad ;) ) 50 hosting credits for applying package 2? :( i don't think :) 30 hosting credits it's better than 50 ;) u can get package two easier in this way =)

It is really not all that difficult to reach 30 hosting credits, you all ... ahhaah. I have reached it in no time at all.

Ah well. :P

it may not be TOO DIFFICULT... but i've seen the "tricks", like quoting the whole message!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thats cheating!!!!!!!Quoting should be used to specify on something another one said, or asked...So, other users are filling Database Space with junk and doble content....Well, it's in everyone's conciuos

quoting does NOT get your credits up, i'm almost sure. it's also used alot for news messages, if you just want to share it. so don't think like 'oh that [username] is such a fraud, he always quotes the whole message, just to get hosting credits...' because if you only want to quote a specific part, you have to cut it out of the 'code', and some users might be too lazy for that :P