xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
warbird

Upload Problem username/password incorrect

everytime i try to connect i get this message:220 ProFTPD FTP Server ready. USER rixxon@universal.astahost.com331 Password required for rixxon@universal.astahost.com. PASS (hidden)530 Login incorrect. Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...this is what i have filld in:address: ns1.astahost.comusername: rixxon@universal.astahost.compassword: (Hidden)can someone plz help me?

The username@yourpage.astahost.com is for additional usersIf you are the primary user, you don't need the @...But if you wanted a friend to help with your website, you couls add a username for him and he would log in like so:Server: ftp.yourpage.astahost.comUsername: mybuddy@yourpage.astahost.comPassword: ********Or if you had a subdomain named "members" and you wanted to access it only, you'd need to create an ftp user named "members" for the public_html/members directory, then log in like this:Server: ftp.yourpage.astahost.comUsername: members@yourpage.astahost.comPassword: ********Hope this helps a little.Happy FTPing, :D vujsa