xisto Community
jrdonjar0591

What Is A Good Usb Memory Drive To Buy?

I have a 512 megabyte Sandisk cruzer micro and i love it! its very small and very affordable, i got mine for 30 dollars at staples. If you're a student like me, a sandisk is will save you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much time!!!!!! i swear i probably wouldnt be passing my flash animation of video production class without it! I use it mostly to transport sound effects and video clips and music which i use constantly in any of my flash or video projects. USB storage devices are very worth whatever the price. If you dont have one you should get one. and yes i realize im rambling now, but i need those 10 points ot host a website of mine that I made in flash class. wish me luck : )-HansBtw- anybody played earth2150? <-- its a very good strategy game and they even have a sequal now which would purchase if i had all the free time needed to play it :huh: ttyall later

Why the earth 2150 bit? If you care so mcuh about it, why not make a thread about it?!

I used to have a little 128MB Samsung USB Flash Drive, but I lost it. Now I just use my iPod! I've hardly got any music on it (aren't I sad? :huh:) so it's like a 20GB Flash Drive to me.

If you're looking for a nice, cheap one, I recommend you Froogle it. You can sort them by price, and compare them to each other. I ran a US search for USB Flash Drive, and it looks quite promising - https://www.google.com/shopping

I use whatever i find on the market at the time that i buy. once it was the early kingston 128MB data traveller, then a TwinMOS 128MB Z4, then the new Kingston 512MB Data Traveller 2, a Sony Memorystick, and a couple cheap unbranded ones. The most unsatisfactory were the unbranded ones. i'm sure you can get some ok ones, but in general they seem to have weak casings, especially at the joint where the metal connector protrudes. that is the first thing to go, with even moderate use. My favorite so far was the sony usb disk, because it extra-compresses the data and so you fit about 190 MB on a 128 MB-rated disk, and so on.

i have a 512M mp3 player/usbmemory drive and i bought it at $100 and i love to chill with it when i travel. its so cool, can store about 100songs and i can use it for data too! it has voice recording system, with its equalizer and all that, also FM radio included.. it just rocks for me! what say? try it..

I bought a Cruzer Mini (256 MB) for twenty-five bucks through my college's computer store. Buy yourself a larger one if you can, because you'll find that you need the space. This thing's inexpensive, small, comes with a lanyard (makes it easier to carry around), and doesn't require any special software if you're running a newer Windows OS (i.e. something newer than 98SE, hehe)

Wow, this thread's a regular zombieâit's been revived to many times. =^^= Anyway, for the sake of whoever may find this thread useful...

I personally use a 128MB USB flash drive from PQI Corporation (it was a gift), and despite its low capacity, I'm relatively happy with it. I do plan to get something with more storage space eventually, though. However, if space is what you're after, a USB flash drive is not the best way to go. After all, why shell out $100 for only 512MB when you get 40GB for less than $80?

Interested? Well, here's the trick.

Look for a reputable dealer of laptop parts and buy a good capacity (read, 40GB or more), 2.5" internal laptop HDD (examples). It shouldn't cost you much more than $70. Then buy a 2.5" enclosure that matches your HDD specs (look for the ones with good features, ie. supports USB 2.0, gets power supply from USB port, etc.). It might be a good idea to make sure both your HDD and the enclosure are compatible before making your purchase. Put your HDD into the enclosure, connect the whole thing to a PC via the USB port, and voila! you now have a 40GB external HDD which didn't cost you an arm and a leg to pay. =^^=

(Disclaimer: I am in no way endorsing the online shops that I linked to. Those links were provided only as examples; you are free to make your own decision where you want to buy your stuff.)

I just bought a kingston 256 and it serves for everything i need....have yet to fill it up and i store all of the files from my computer on it. It serves me well and I would say for your money its well worth it.