xisto Community
jrdonjar0591

What Is A Good Usb Memory Drive To Buy?

Hey, whick usb memory drive should I buy? My friend just got a kingston 526MB. Is that good. He told me it cost like $50 for a good one. Do you know of a good place to get them for a good price?--------------------------------------This isn't the right forum. This shoudl go to Computer Talk or Hardware Workshop. The What IS - forum is strictly for posting something NEW that you learnt today and want to share with the rest ... Topic moved.

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

I would just get whatever is cheapest and whatever is the most popular, simply because unless you are going to store government top-secret files there is no reason to overspend on something as simple as a usb stick.

I recently bought a Cruzer Micro 512 MB Memory Drive, made by SanDisk. I believe it's the smallest one on the market. You could describe it as sleek, even sexy :) . Anyway, it's compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1, and you can download drivers for machines running Windows 98 (you don't need them if you run anything higher than 98). It's also compatible with Macs and Linux machines. I got it for the great price of $40 at Circuit City.

-Kyle

I've had a SanDisk 256 meg Cruzer Mini for a year now, and I'm very happy with it. I got it at Costco for $10 less than it was a Best Buy..... :)

I just don't get why to ones at Costco have the huge plastic packages. :(

I would just get whatever is cheapest and whatever is the most popular, simply because unless you are going to store government top-secret files there is no reason to overspend on something as simple as a usb stick.

Don't get one of the ones with the built-in fingerprint scanners. :(
I'm looking at the Sony MicroVault Mini. I think it looks pretty cool and it has enough storage for me.

i've got a sandisk cruzer mini too...a 128 mb....i love it. totally awesome. it's a good disk and i've never had any trouble with it...now if only i can find it.....Ray J Gentry IV

I have Super Mini i-Disk Tiny 1GB World's Smallest USB Flash Drive had the 256MB and decided to upgrade

these are really small and work great are usb2 compatible I bought mine from a UK web site called play.com really good prices for us brits

you can find the write up for this here

think the company that makes them are an american company so you should be able to get them there as well.

HeyAlmost every USB stick is good as long as it supports USB 2!And "By The Way" most of them are from the factory where my dad works :)Brands Like kingston and some B brands the make there exectly the same :)So have fun buying the expensived one.Greetz Luccie

I know people who have PNY, Sony and Sandisk.Some people stick with brand names, others buy whatever is on sale.Check out those sales online on Sunday morning. Staples has their latest sales flyer online each Friday.You can find the best prices in your town by surfing the net.Don't forget that all those rebate offers help save money towards the next toy!