xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mpodner

Windows Longhorn? Operating system.

I first saw Longorn in october 2003, and it was pre-alpha release... Truth be told, I was very dissapointed with it. It was in NO way different than XP, except for some weird star where Windows logo now is, in Windows explorer and IE, and hiddious huge analog clock...I know it was a pre-alpha, but I expected a little more... something :angry: I won't be switching from XP Pro, 'cause it works fine to me... And if something works, don't change it! :blink:

I dun like Windows Longhorn, it's gonna be so pumped up that it requires a 2.6 GHZ minimum hardware and like 5 GB of storage space. For most of us, why should we shell out extra money on this proprietory crap?xboxrulz

You can find many articles and screenshots of beta versions of Microsoft Windows codename Longhorn here:http://winsupersite.com/
Anyway, Microsoft said that it will focus on using the graphic card resources more than ever to make a very exciting and functional interface, so if you want to run Longhorn, you better have at least 32mb of video memory available. :angry: But I still hope that the final build of Longhorn will be able to run on slower machines... Not everybody has the money to buy a new PC every time a new Windows OS version comes along...

is ok longhorn  :angry:

59406[/snapback]

Ok that is very close to a spam crakersiak, please post with a sentance with proper grammar... it should have been - "Longhorn is ok :blink:" still that doesnt express enough opinion.

Anyways back to longhorn i have just looked at the screenshots on this website: http://www.activewin.com/screenshots/longhorn/

And from what i see it doesn't seem very different, i mean you can do most of that by customizing your windows desktop. but if they release a new windows i will probably go get it. :ph34r:

Windows Longhorn isn't ready to be released yet, as it need superior graphic cards just for the operation system. Also rumor has it that when it is released, both the new graphics card is out and the terabyte hard drive which optimizes it's performance. For those of you that don't know what a Terabyte Hard Drive is, a THD is 1024 gigabytes on just one drive. Plus it will most likely need the new celeron chips as they are faster.I know all this because i got the 4074 release and the graphics took up all my Virtual Memory. It mainly Windows XP with a better interface and graphics. The rumored realese date was this year. But Microsoft says that it wil most likely come out in 2007, hinting also when the terabyte hard drive will come out. :angry:

If they started with a new code then I think that will be good and if that is just the same code what was when they have creating XPfu** it :angry:But I'll use it :blink:Windows has more support and more games and programs, and longorn will be better than xp :ph34r: that's for sureIf not then what have they doing all this years?!?!!?!? :)

Windows LongHorn withous WinFS is like a car without engine... Only nice graphics and effects

You're right :angry:Like I say we will use it because it's newer not because is so good :blink:But they have enough money, so they don't think to create something good :)but linux is dangerous :P They should think about that to create good windows :) So many users is on linux right now :ph34r: But we can't judge if we have't used windows longhorn, why? blah we now that windows sucks :P

Someone, how is Linux dangerous. Windows is a dangerous OS, one small slip, there goes Windows. I learned this when my Windows installation started corrupting when I installed a game, I think it was Generals or something.xboxrulz