xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Herbert1405241469

My Second Portrait

Posted Image

Titled "Lindsey"

Once again, I kind of had to cheat on the mouth a bit because I just can't seem to do realistic teeth ;)

I'm trying to find one more lady friend I know to kind of have "trilogy of portraits," so I'll post my third once I get that done.

About this portrait: I did the beach scene, which I thought came out relatively well. The dress could have been a bit more detailed, but I figured it's art... not a photograph :D

Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion in "Herbert's Portrait-O-Rama"

coming soon, to a web forum near you. :D

kool what program did you use to create this? my guess is painter 9?the picture looks really realistic, did you teach yourself that or do a course or something. looks like you painted over a real photogragh of yourself and created a beach background.i see that you cheated on your teeth but did you cheat on your eyes...? hm... lol ok. looks really good!

Hmm... I see that you did decide to give her clothes... :DThis one looks much better than the first one, that one looked like a flat image, and this one is more realistic...This one also has all the elements blending together very well. The teeth doesn't look the fake. Good job!

I appreciate the positive feedback. I used Adobe Photoshop for this and my first portrait I made up in another post titled "My first portrait" :D I actually used a tutorial on Renderosity.com to help me learn a bit about doing portraits. I'd post a link, but it's only accessable to members of the site, and I'm sure there are other tutorials on the net you can get for this sort of thing.Basically, what I did was take a source photograph and used it for reference for the various colors and things. Having the photograph helped keep things in proportion too. The original image itself was not used or edited for this portrait (with the exception of the mouth, as previously mentioned).

very cool. I like how you handled your flesh tones and value ranges. I think you rendered the lighting on the shoulder and neck especially well. There's a real strong sense of 3-demensionality. Be careful with some of your more complex textures though, such as the fabric and her hair. That's when you may want to consider changing brushes. There are aspects to certain brush shapes that are becoming to skin textures but lose effectiveness on surfaces that demand a more articulate treatment. I'd suggest using a finer brush on the hair and setting the bleed a little lower. That would be good to get some directional grain and then for putting in some fine and subtle highlights to really bring the texture to life.

Very nice , I think the beach is very hard to do .I also want to do it and send to my girl friend .Maybe using Flas make a ecardI think the style like your work.When I finish I will post and share it :D Hahaaa