xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kevlar557

Cs:s Question

Does anyone know is CS:S is compatable with a 7.1 surround system setup? I am planning on getting a new sound card and speakers. When I go to get it, I was going to look at getting a 7.1 instead of 5.1, but if CS:S is 7.1 compatable, I will just spend the little bit of extra money to get 7.1's.

It would help if you'd mentioned what CS:S is ? I don't think many of us are acquainted with that term. When you make such posts you should try to be as clear about your query as possible and avoid confusing acronyms (or at least provide more details about them) - if you want a good response. Messages such as this would hardly elicit any response from the readers...

CS:S I assume refers to Counter Strike: Source As for your surround sound question I found informationregarding as to a 5.1 setup in the steam help but as for 7.1 I have yet to se any information on it.

I did some diging for you and here is a comment in a review for Half Life 2:

Sound

The sound in the game is amazing. For those lucky ones that have a 5.1 or 7.1 sounds system, the support is terrific. It really helps set the atmosphere even more, with 3D positiona audio creating distinct sounds from different directions. This immerses you even further in the game.

The same story for graphics goes for sound support, the better hardware you have the better Half Life 2 is going to sound.

Sounds for explosions and gun fire are nicely sampled and well chosen for the task. This, combined with the graphics, really increases the gaming experience.

If the reviewer is correct then indeed yes it supports it but I would not know. I only use a cheap 2.1 setup.